soongyu ↠ "snowflakes."

started; 2019/12/25

finished; 2019/12/25

-

the white flakes fell down continuously as it littered the outside ground, making it a bright white. no lights were needed in seventeen's dorm since the snow radiated enough light to keep it bright inside.

soonyoung sat perched on the sofa, looking out the window and watching the snow fall. he felt a warm presence behind him and turned to see mingyu smiling.

"looks like we're going to have a white christmas after all." he looked out the window and then back at soonyoung.

this was the first time that it snowed this winter season. it was only the 24th, but it was determined to stay until tomorrow. this was also the first christmas soonyoung and mingyu would be together as a couple and not just teammates.

"i'm so excited," soonyoung sighed happily, laying his head on mingyu's shoulder and looked over at the tree. it had plenty of gifts under it and a beautiful star at the top. yet, there was one thing missing.

soonyoung had a special gift that he was going to put in mingyu's stocking. it was a gold ring and bracelet set, and along with it he had a note for the younger. he was waiting until the middle of the night to place it in his stocking at the very bottom when no one else was awake.

"yeah, me too." mingyu placed a gentle kiss on soonyoung's head and stood up to go to the kitchen. "would you like some eggnog, love?"

"yes please," soonyoung felt himself slightly blush at the nickname. usually he didn't use them around the members. of course, they knew the two were dating and took them with open arms, just with a few warnings of not letting the company know. the other eleven knew to hide it and the two couldn't be any more thankful than what they already are.

mingyu didn't actually have a special gift for soonyoung to put in his stocking, because he already got him a shit ton of gifts and even a small necklace and matching earrings in his stocking. it didn't have a note, but he still got him something nice.

he poured the two some eggnog and walked back to their living room, handing soonyoung the cup and earning a small hum in thanks.

the two sat together in a comfortable silence, drinking their eggnog and watching the snow fall from the sky. soonyoung had always thought snowflakes were beautiful and absolutely adores snow. yet as time goes, he starts to adore mingyu more.

after the promotions with happy ending, mingyu finally gathered the nerves to ask soonyoung out on a proper date. soonyoung, of course, was way more nervous than he needed to be. he was afraid of it ruining their already existing relationship and didn't want it to affect the group. the other members already knew about it though, so it was a lot easier than they expected. soonyoung quickly fell for mingyu despite never looking at a male like that before. he just couldn't help himself but fall in love.

it was a peaceful afternoon, nothing to worry about. they had no schedules for the week to give themselves a break off but weren't allowed to go see families. it was sad at first, but when the thirteen of them realized they had each other it didn't seem to matter as much.

soonyoung finished the eggnog, sighing in relief. he cuddled up next to mingyu and closed his eyes. in that moment, he felt like everything was right and he had nothing to worry about it. 

because he didn't.

the rest of the afternoon went by peacefully and they all went out to have a dinner together. of course, the couple stayed close by each other since there were no cameras filming them and they could do whatever. they ate well and were stuffed going home, making them all want to sleep.