3: Knock Knock

~One Month Later~

Ever since Commodus has taken me, he's gotten a lot....calmer. He would usually throw a fit over every single detail,but the more I've been around him, the more his temperament has lowered.

Today I was requested to his bedroom,and I was led there by the guards. Once I stopped at his door,they let me be.

I give three gentle knocks...

"You may enter~" I hear commodus's voice through the other side of the door. I make my way inside,and am greeted to the emperor himself. I noticed his hair is shorter than the last time we met,his curls were now in short ruffled wisps, which complimented his features very well.

He turns to face me,those bright eyes once again meeting my gaze

"Good morning my dear~" he coos,walking up to me and gently taking my face in his hands. He places a tender kiss on my forehead,"how has my beautiful little girl slept~?"

"H-hello sir" I greet awkwardly,"I slept well, did you get a new haircut?"

"W-why yes I did~" he chuckles nervously, looking down bashfully and placing a hand behind the name of his neck,"Do you like it?"

"It looks nice~" I compliment,them reach a hand towards him,"may I?"

"Of course" he smiles,letting me caress his raven locks in my fingers. I feel the soft curls through my fingertips,"I like it" I say with a smile.

"My family has become aware of our engagement" he says," and they have requested to meet you right away".

"Oh?" I question,"r-really?"

"Why yes" he says,"which is why I'll need my maids to get you all dress-up and pretty for the party".

"There's gonna be a party~?" I gasp, jumping up and down excitedly,I feel myself become hyper,and I start running all over the gigantic bedroom.

"Z-Zola!" He says, chasing after me,      
" calm down this instant! A queen does not act like this!"

He grabs my waist,lifting me off the ground.
I let out a tiny squeal,roaring with laughter.

"I beg you don't act like this at the party~" he groans,setting me down onto the floor. I stand to my feet,and walk over to a bowl on his small table thing. There's bread inside,and I quickly grab a roll.

"W-What are you doi-"

Before I could let him finish,I chuck it at his face,causing it to bounce off and land on the floor. Commodus just stands there in shock, contemplating what just happened.

Before I know it,the two of us are running though the palace,playing a game of hide and seek. Of course I'm the one hiding,while Commodus is angrily stomping through the place trying to get his hands on me.

"ZOLA THIS ISN'T FUNNY!" He yells,his voice echoing through the large halls,"COME OUT HERE RIGHT NOW!"

I start laughing,forcing a hand onto my mouth to silence myself. I peek through the corner of the hall,and see him searching through every room that resides in the hallway.

He stomps put a room,"I'm gonna get that little girl~" he grumbles. I decide to sneak up in him,and give him a scare.

I jump on his back,"BOO!" I yell,wrapping my arms around his neck as my legs dangled front the ground.

"Don't scare me like that!" He yells,"and get off of me!"

I jump down,giving him a big smile while hoping he lets me off the hook for messing with him. He just raises his eyebrows,crossing his arms and giving me a resting look.

I spark an idea

"You should smile more" I tell him,"wanna hear a joke?"

"I despise jokes....~" he grumbles,rolling his eyes in annoyance.

"Well your gonna hear it anyway~" I beam,
"Knock knock...."

".....whose there~" he sighs

"The interrupting cow"

"The interrupting cow w-"

"MOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

I start howling with laughter,falling to the floor and clutching my stomach. I was laughing so hard,not because of the joke itself,but mainly Commodus's reaction,which was utter confusion.

"You are really something else~" he sighs.

~"I hope the family forgive my taste in women"~