Epilogue: My Zola

~couple weeks later~

"Uncle~!" whined Lucius, dragging against his uncle's arm,"pleeeeeeeeease!"

"I said no Lucius" he says firmly, " sword training is very dangerous, you could get very hurt"

"What's wrong with you two today~?" A feminine chuckle breaks the two's feud. Zola comes into the room, carrying her bow from her recent training.

"Lucius wants to sword train..." grumbles Commodus, lightly pinching his temple with an annoyed sigh.

"Really!?!" Beams Zola," that's awesome!"

Commodus looks at her with wide disapproving eyes, nudging her hip with his elbow.

"O-oh u-Uh..." she stutters for a bit, "awesomely TERRIBLE, a very awesomely terrible thing to do because...."

She leans close to his ear, "why is it terrible?"

"Because he could get killed!" He scolds her,
"Zola you must have had injuries when you trained, I know I had, look". He points to his small scar on his upper lip," I held the sword to close to my face, and look what happened, I'm lucky to be in good condition."

"Oh yea!" Zola gasps," you told me that story! Lucilla kicked your sword after you called her a bitch and it hit you in the face oh my gooood! Ooooh that was so funny..."

"IT WAS NOT!" He roars angrily," you two are of no help in this situation, Lucius will you please just go somewhere else that doesn't involve sharp objects?"

"Fine~" the boy huffed crossing his arms, and turning towards the door.

"Aww don't worry Lucius" his aunt assured him, leaning down to give him a hug.

She cups a hand around his small ear,"I'll train you in the garden when Commodus does his duties~" she whispers, then gives the boy a small wink.

"YES!" He cheers, running out the room,
"thank you aunt Zola!"

She turns to face her partner, who glares at her with a small twitched in his eye.

She chuckles," don't worry" she tells him, taking his face in her hands," we'll use the wooden swords in the toy bin, I promise"

"Sometimes you forget whose the one in charge~" he grumbles

She lets out a dramatic sigh," can me and Lucius go play with wooden swords in the garden please?" She asks, rolling her eyes.

The two glare at each other, testing the other's patience. Ultimately, the Great Caesar lets out a long sigh.

"Fine~" he sighs," just be careful, sometimes I wonder if I'm spoiling you a bit too much"

She grabs his face, giving him a loving kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you~" she whispers, turning to leave the room.

Commodus felt himself become flustered, he knew that both him and Zola agreed to be married for the sake of the family and themselves. But he still wasn't able to kiss her properly, he would kiss her forehead, hand, cheek. But it wasn't the same, he craved to feel his lips on hers. And as she left the room, his desire grew.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Will you please stop.playing.with.your.food" Commodus asks his nephew for the hundredth time,"it's meant for eating not playing".