Madison's Birth

September 19th, 2002.

17 years ago...

"Congratulations. It's a girl." the nurse confirmed as she gave the newborn baby to the parents. Jill smiled at her baby girl, and John leaned in close to the baby's face, also smiling.

"Do you have a name for her?" the nurse asked, ready with the birth certificate. 

"Madison Kramer." was Jill's answer, the nurse wrote on the certificate while John and Jill nuzzled the newly named Madison, who had stopped crying, opened her eyes and was gurgling happily at them as if to say "Hello." 

"Hello Madison, I hope you will appreciate your life as much as we do." John whispered to Madison, who cooed back happily and then let out a baby giggle, making John smile again. 

Ever since that moment, Madison knew what her father's words meant, but didn't know of what would befall on her future. She knew that her dad wanted her to appreciate her life, and she understood where he was coming from, why have a life if you don't appreciate it? But she didn't know that her whole future would evolve around that philosophy. 

And right now, she didn't really care. I mean, come on, she's only a baby, she can be as carefree as she likes, it's only once she grows up will she realise how many people don't deserve their lives as they don't appreciate them.