Chapter 11

I opened the door. Brandon stood there, and he had on beige shorts, a Hollister top, and some Nike socks and sneakers. Basically just the athletic runner boy type. I waved him in, and we sat down on the couch, talking and finishing off the plate of brownies. Occasionally, we would glance at television and yell something at the main character.

"Wait a sec, let me go get my MacBook." I jogged to my room, and grabbed the laptop off of my desk. When I arrived back, he was watching the student announcements channel for our television. I dropped down next to me. I typed in my password and opened up amazon. Navy blue MacBook Air case and keyboard cover. Check! Navy blue and hunter green saddle pads. Check! Leather halters and navy blue and hunter green lead ropes. Check! Hunter green sheet set. Good to go! Navy blue and hunter green polo shirts. Done! Brandon watched as I added more and more to my cart. Chuckling, he turned back to the show placings, which I had tuned out. The show wasn't over yet so I would just wait until the feast for placings and prizes, which I didn't know anything about. Buying everything, I only spent $60.00 because of the sale going on. Then, I went to Publix.com and found the closest store only a mile away. If I ordered things, I would pay with my school card, and a Publix representative would take my groceries to my room. How cool is that? I ordered pop-tarts, cookies, lots of brownies, cereal, bagels, and English muffins. I also ordered eggs, and peanut butter as well as butter and cream cheese. Lastly, I ordered lots of gum ad assorted candy. Finishing up my order, I entered in my school card number, and the order was sent, to be here by tonight. Yes!

"Hey Scar, it's 5:45. Do you want to head over to the ballroom?" Brandon pried me away from my computer.

"Sure, give me five minutes." I turned back to the computer, and Brandon laughed, resting his head on my shoulder. I ordered cupboard organizers and other kitchen appliances like silverware with my remaining $40.00. Finally, I hauled myself up from the couch, grabbed my phone, and locked the door behind us.

We walked to the ballroom, joking. When we arrived, my jaw dropped. Brandon's phone rang.

"Give me a sec okay? Save me a seat." I nodded and walked forward. The room was huge! It was all quartz and other beautiful stones all pressed together in beautiful designs here and there, and I wondered for the billionth time in two day how I got here on a scholarship. The stage was towards the front, so I took seats in the second row, due to the first rows being reserved. I checked my phone. I had one message from my mom.

-Hey honey! Wht do u want to do for ur B-day? What do you want?- Oh that's right! I had completely forgotten that in a week, I was turning 15.

-Idk, I texted back. I'm just happy to be here bonding with some great horses-

-Okay honey. Can you get me your trainers number?-

-sure thing, gtg tho, awards ceremony is getting started-

No reply. My mom wasn't exactly one for goodbyes. I waited for Brandon to come in. He sat down.

"Hey, I have a question." He looked at me.

"Sure thing. What's up?" I was confused and curious.

"I was wondering if-" but the announcer cut him off. And then the awards began