Proluge: The Divided Lands

This new story will be loosely based on the movies Tangled and 'Barbie as Rapunzel', it's one of the older Barbie movies with a wonderful story line, as well a different take on the fairy-tale.

Hope you guys enjoy this story!

Beta'd by CeleneTheAngel
~
Once upon a time, there were four islands holding five kingdoms. These five kingdoms were known to have magic and creatures sealed into cards of different kinds. Both sides of this magic, light and darkness, could make miracles and fantastical things happen, but not everyone was born able to use this magic.

The kingdoms have been in a time of peace as old as time itself, ever since the Nameless Pharaoh found this land and united the kingdoms. Before any kind of war could ignite between these kingdoms and others, the fifth kingdom was build to unify both people with magic and non-magic folk together.

Soon enough, the kingdoms were having a technological revolution, and were now in an age of high technology, as well the birth of dueling and the card game of duel monsters.

This finding spurred the discovery of bringing the creatures in the cards to life, thanks to the use of magic that was used to both defend and entertain everyone. Now the best duelists in each kingdom are protecting their cities with everything they have and a few are ruling them, and the kingdoms are in good hands.

Years later, a miracle happened. Four boys were born as quadruplets with identical faces, however, one of the boys were born with both light and dark magic. This miracle was a shock for all the kingdoms and everyone knew about it. Yes, everyone.

Within the masses of people celebrating, an old woman was smiling wickedly. This old woman was Mother Gothel, a witch that has kidnapped children for their magic aura, able to make her youthful forever with just raising those children which have gotten her enough magic to live for a long time and it is soon time for her to refill it.

Gothel had already gotten twin girls from her former lover that abandoned her to marry a simple girl instead. So that night, Gothel snuck into the nursery of the castle and took the gifted son as he cried for help, aware of what happened. Just as the guards ran into the nursery, Gothel disappeared.

The old woman took the infant prince deep inside the forest, which was rumored to be infested with horrible creatures. Behind a giant magic wall, was a big manor made of stone. The manor was already holding two girls that were cursed to become swans except at night time and when they were inside the manor. This kept the girls from escaping.

The royal family that had lost their son was heartbroken, and the guards searched and searched far and wide to find him, but to no avail. Some even traveled through the dark forest, but few came back alive.

It was meaningless to find him now after weeks of searching. All the rulers decided to host a festival and a dueling tournament as a way to get the lost prince son to come home one day.

However, there was something Gothel never realized. The missing prince had a special pendant, a crystal pendulum. This pendulum had magic properties that would help the prince and the princesses get back to where they belong.
~
Four years later

The young prince and princesses were now small children. They were running through the mansion's long hallways and towards the entrance. For their mother was coming home after two days away.

The older twin was pulling the lost prince along tightly, their hands interlocked hand as the three ran, excited to meet their mother when she got home.

The twins were identical, except for the switch of colors of their hair and hair accessories. The older's hair was silver before turning midnight blue from the neck down with curls, and a black headband with lilies by her ears, while the younger twin's hair was a color swap and had two purple bows on each side of her head, both sharing magenta eyes with flecks of yellow.

The young prince had nothing in common with the twins. The boy had emerald green hair on top of crimson red, the same red color was his eyes which was brimming with happiness and joy. It showed that he was younger than the twins since he was smaller than them.

As the three arrived at the entrance, a woman in a red gown and cloak walked inside the mansion. The woman took down her hood to show a beautiful face, bright green eyes and long curly black hair to her shoulders.

"Girls, what did I say about running inside?" Gothel reprimanded the kids.

"We apologize, mother." The younger twin replied. "But it was Yuya who saw you coming home." The boy smiled big.

"Well then, Sakuya, Kaguya. Would you two help me with dinner?" Gothel asked as she picked up the boy in her arms. "After all, it's your birthday today, Yuya."

"Yeah!" Yuya replied happily.

After dinner, the twins were washing up as Yuya opened his gifts from Gothel when they were in front of a fireplace. Gothel was sewing something while sitting in a comfortable armchair as Yuya sat on the carpet in front of the fireplace.

"Mother, why can't I go to the outside world?" Yuya asked, and Gothel sighed before stopping what she was doing and sitting down on the floor to hug the boy.

"Yuya..." Gothel replied. "The world outside is a dangerous and terrifying place. Full of cold-hearted people such as the people who abandoned you for having those powers. They would call you a monster, a freak. I'm warning you, never ask about going outside the magic barrier of this forest again, Yuya."

"Yes, mother." Yuya replied sadly.

When it was time to sleep, Gothel put Yuya to bed and then left his room, taking a last glance before closing the door. Yuya, however, wasn't sleeping and was instead looking at his pendant, which was glowing cyan.

'Maybe the world isn't like what you say, mother.' Yuya said in his head before falling asleep.

That night was the start of a journey.