Seven

Beep. Beep. Beep.

What the.. Where am I? Opening my eyes, my vision starts to clear and I'm in a stark white room. Looking down, I notice all the monitors that I'm hooked up to.

Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom.

What's that? Groggily, I turn my head to the left and can see a small screen with two small lines on it. One is green and the other is pink. I know exactly what that is. It's the baby. Oh my god, that's the baby's heart beat! Then it all comes back to me. Tye did this. I'm here because of him. Again. When is this nightmare ever going to end? My entire body aches so badly. As I'm trying to adjust myself to stand up, my mom rounds the corner and peeks into my room.

"Oh my god, Liz! You're awake! How are you feeling? Are you okay, honey? We were so worried about you!"

"Yeah mom. I feel alright. What happened? How long have I been here?"

"Abi called us and told us what happened. Tye tried to run before the police got there, but they caught him at the BP on the corner of the apartments. Piece of shit. You've only been here about six hours though. The doctors said you have a cracked rip, but that's it. So you're lucky. The baby is also fine!"

She's visibly upset. When she talks about Tye, she looks away, and shakes her head. I know she's disappointed I stayed around for so long and let this get to where it got. It's my fault. If only you knew how sorry I was mom. Part of me is happy the baby is okay. The other half is sort of upset I just didn't miscarry. If I wasn't pregnant with this monster's child, I wouldn't have to deal with him anymore. Is that bad to think? Am I an awful person? On top of the cracked rip, I have a huge shoe print bruise on my stomach and a busted lip. This is fucking insane. Never did I imagine I would be in this kind of place. You always hear women going through shit like this, but you never think you'll actually be a victim. I've actually done a lot of research on domestic violence and relationships that result in things like this. There were warning signs. Small ones, but they were there. Him controlling what I would wear, who I would talk to, limiting my car use. All of that. Warning signs. If I would have just left after I caught him with Brooke, I wouldn't be here. Maybe it was the fact I didn't want to be alone while Darrin was dating someone. I don't know, and I never will now.

A few weeks pass. My rib is a little better now. Sometimes they hurt since the baby is getting so big and will push up against it though. I'm now 15 weeks pregnant. Tye got out of jail the next day and has done nothing but bash me on social media. I'm a whore, a cop caller, a liar. All of that. There are so many people on his Facebook who think I'm lying about the shit he did to me. Even though Rob was there and saw all of that. Besides the Facebook stuff, he hasn't even attempted to contact me. Hasn't asked how I am, what the baby is, nothing. It doesn't really surprise me though. I completely stopped paying all the bills at the apartment about a week ago, so I'm sure he will be getting a notice here soon.

Ding. Ding. Ding.

Spoke too soon. It's Tye. Of course.

"Hey, did you not pay rent?"

"Uh, no? Are you fucking crazy? I don't even live there."

"Thanks a lot you stupid fucking bitch. Now I'm being evicted."

CLICK

Tye hangs up. That's really all he had to say after everything he did to me? He really thought I was going to pay rent after he beat the shit out of me twice. Yeah, lunatic. Court is tomorrow and I can't wait. I have to go testify and it makes me sort of nervous. What is he going to do if he does get into a lot of trouble? He's facing only one count of Domestic Battery and one count of Endangering the Well Being of a Child. Fingers crossed they actually nail his ass.