Chapter 17 (Problems)

It's not as long as I had hoped it would be for a come back chapter but... ENJOY! I know you guys have been waiting a long time for another BTHH chap=)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*

“Where have you been?!”

Cleo was shaken back and forth as Arabella clutched her shoulders. Right after first period she was bombarded by her model-like friend. “I haven’t seen you for what feels like ages!”

“It’s only been since Sunday Arabella,” she reasoned, shouldering her satchel and slamming her locker shut. Cleo was trying to look like she was paying attention, but she couldn’t help peering over Arabella’s shoulder in the hopes of catching a glimpse of Anthony. She had woken up that morning in her tent, with her sheets pulled up to her chin and when she crawled out, Anthony was no where to be seen. “Besides, I had some stuff to take care of.”

Arabella pouted but then pursed her lips together. “Stuff to take care of huh? Any of that stuff have to do with Anthony?”

Cleo was so rapped up in the many faces swarming the hallway that she hadn’t even noticed what Arabella was implying. “What do you mean-” Her eyes went wide and she finally snapped her hazel pupils toward her dirty minded friend. “Don’t go getting ideas Arabella!”

“Ok, ok.” The carrot top flipped her glossy orange hair over her shoulder and rearranged her denim headband. “So, It’s Tuesday, you come to school late and you have bags under your eyes from obviously staying up late. What gives?”

Cleo started down the hall and Arabella fallowed. “Me and Tony just went to get some ice-cream. Nothing more and nothing less.”

Arabella still didn’t seem convinced but decided to not press it any further. “Where’s the ever brooding bad boy now?”

The warning bell shrieked with the heavy footfall of students eager to get to second period. Cleo couldn’t answer Arabella’s question but she wished she had the answer. It just didn’t seem like Anthony to disappear, but Cleo knew there was still a lot of other stuff she didn’t know about Mr. Muchette. “I wish I knew Myself.”

Arabella frowned but quickly brightened in an attempt to change the cloudy subject. “I see you’re wearing the skirt I got you. It adds a cuteness to that plain white shirt. Here, take my necklace.” Cleo tried to object, but Arabella already had her silver pendent hanging from Cleo’s neck. It did seem to make her skin shine and her plain white shirt so much more interesting to look at. 

“You little whore!” 

The hallway fell silent and Cleo looked up to see an enraged Lillian standing before her. Arabella stood firmly at Cleo’s side and shot raging teen a death stare. “Lillian, did you just call me a-”

“B*tch you don’t deserve to talk!” Cleo trembled as the pretty in pink snob took a big step towards her. She shoved her glittery pink nail in Cleo’s face and hissed. “You and your wannabe emo boyfriend need to stay away from Alby!”

Arabella moved to yell back, but Cleo quickly pulled her away. “You can go to class Bella, I know how you get when you’re late.”

Arabella looked touched at the nickname Cleo had given her, but stood rooted to the ground. Her strong British accent whispered hastily back, “I can’t just leave you.”

Cleo shook her head and gently pushed Arabella towards the students rushing to class. They seemed to care more about being on time then watching a cat fight. Arabella looked tormented at the thought of leaving Cleo, but finally relented, not leaving without giving her friend a brief hug.