Chapter 30 (GoodBye)

IT HAS BEEN AMAZING ENTERTAINING YOU GUYS! BTHH HAS BEEN HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL ON GOODREADS AND I CANT WAIT TO ADD TO MY NEGLECTED WRITINGS SO THAT THERE IS MORE FOR YOU ALL TO READ!!!

I love each and every BTHH fan and I cant believe it's over already. I still cant believe BTHH has made it up to over Woooooohoooooo!

Enjoy the last chap...and savor every moment of it<3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

1 Year Later

Cleo walked briskly along the packed and crowded sidewalks of New York City in order to get warm blood pumping through her. The cold was nipping at her nose and cheeks, but the air was fresh. Cleo loved the crisp smell of the holidays that seemed to be right around the corner. Winter had never been her favorite season, but at times--despite the cold--she felt cozy and right at home.

Eyeing the brightly adorned windows to her left, she began window shopping. New York always had the most extravagant and creative things displayed in the windows that took up the side of almost every building. Cleo was just coming from a vigorous schedule of classes and the coffee shop she went to afterwards was right around the block.

Life in New York had been more than good to her. On her first day people were treating her like some long lost friend. When she looked in the mirror, she saw a visible glow to her face. For now, Mr. Crawf and Mrs. Elly had set her up a year ago to attend a prestigious boarding school until she was old enough to receive the down payment on a modern studio-apartment. The excitement was almost unbearable at the prospect of living on her own.

The rich guy who sponsored the writing competition was more than generous.

Then there was her book, which at the moment, was going through the final process of editing. Her heart skipped whenever she thought of seeing the cover propped up outside a bookstore or being read eagerly in a young girl's hand. That book was her life. It was a memoir of the most trying year she ever had to endure. It held her first love. In it's covers were all of her doubts and fears. The sadness of each conflict was for the world to read.

But a happy ending was there, Cleo was at least glad for that, because every story deserved a happy ending.

The cold slapped Cleo in her joints once again as she stopped her comfortable stride abruptly. A certain window had caught her attention like a train wreck. There was beautiful artwork displayed behind the nearly frosted glass. The sketching and timing the artist put into the pieces were just breathtaking.

Cleo looked up at the name of the place and read in a whisper: New York City's Esteemed Art Gallery for the Inspired.

The work definitely left Cleo inspired. She wanted to go inside, but amongst the many random advertisements posted on the door, was a 'closed' sign.

She shrugged in disappointment and moved to continue her pilgrimage to some nice, warm coffee, when she saw it. A pair of large, jaw-dropping, awe-striking eyes were staring back at her behind the glass. They looked so familiar she wondered if it was the cold that was beginning to start a jolt of shivers through her. She didn't care how crazy she looked as she pressed her face to the glass and let her eyes dart from one picture to another.

Half a girl's face.

More eyes.

Familiar rustic rings on hands so recognizable.

A bookstore.

A pond.

A bridge.

The strokes, the textures, the shading... it was all there. It was all him.... It was-