Chapter 2

Althea wondered who that woman was, and what the hell did she say to her dad to make him so pissed? She said something about Atlantis, and remembered the stories her Dad used to tell her about it when she was a kid. "What are you thinking back there goofball?" Arthur asked her, noticing how quiet she is "Dad, were you and that lady talking about Atlantis? Is something wrong?" Arthur was silent for a bit, trying to think of a response.

"Yeah we were, and there is." Althea sat up, "Aren't you gonna help? They're your people." She said. Arthur shook his head "No, I'm not." Althea was surprised, she knew that Arthur was not a bad person but something must've happened to make him turn his back on their own people. She was gonna say something else when she heard seagulls, which wasn't unordinary since they were next to the ocean but she noticed they weren't flying in circles but..flying away from something.

She looked out the window, and her eyes widened "Uh....Dad?" "I see it." A huge wave was coming towards them and Arthur sped up the truck, Althea unbuckled her seatbelt knowing that they were about to go for a swim, the wave hit the truck and Althea crashed threw a window, she flipped a few times before something heavy landed on her. Thank god she could breathe water. Althea struggled to get the beam that fell on her off of her "Althea!" Arthur appeared beside her and lifted the beam off of her.

"Thanks Dad." She said, "Where's grandpa?" "I don't know. Dad!" He shouts and starts to swim in one direction looking for him. She follows while also looking for him, he's human so he can't breathe underwater. A tornado of water catches her attention, "Dad!" Arthur turns and he spots it too, they both swim towards it and almost fall on their face when they enter it and there's no water, just air.

The woman from the bar was in the middle of it, she seemed to be controlling it. The woman focused more and the red pickup truck appeared from the water too, the dropped the dome when the flood ended. "Pops!" "Grandpa?!" Arthur and Althea ran to the truck, Arthur ripped the truck door open and pulled his father out, he checked his breathing and when discovered that Thomas was not breathing he began cpr.

Althea was getting scared, "Let me see him." The woman says and hovers her hand over the unresponsive man's face. She focuses her power and allows the water to rise up, eventually Thomas coughs out the water and Arthur hugs him tight. Althea breathes a sigh of relief and hugs Thomas too, "You know I never even got you name." Arthur says to the woman "It's Princess Y'Mera Xeballa Challa. You may call me Mera." She replies.

"Thank you Mera." Althea stands up and a look of horror crosses her face, "Oh my god..." Arthur stands up too and is immediately filled with anger when he saw what happened to his home. Orm was gonna pay..