Chapter 1

Althea sat on the dock playing with the water as she waited with her grandpa, he still waited for Atlanna to come back, "The sun is rising..when is Dad coming back?" She asked, "I don't know. Arthur tends to stay out late." He started to walk back to the light house when Althea saw Arthur emerge from the water "Dad!" Arthur lifted his 15 year old in the air, she laughed "Dad! I'm getting too old for that!" She said. "Ah, you'll never be too old for that when it comes to me." Arther said while laughing, Thomas smiled and hugged his son, "So how was your day?" He asked, Arthur shrugged "Not..bad. I saved people on a submarine today."

Althea smiles impressed "So Althea, how was school? Did you finish your homework?" Arthur looked at his daughter "School was fine Dad, and I finished my homework. Can we go to the bar now?" She asked, Arthur sighed. He stopped fighting her about going to the bar a long time ago "Get in the truck." He said and Althea ran to it "I still can't believe you told her that she could start to go to the bar with us when she was 15." "Shut up, we made a bet." "I also still can't believe you lost that bet."

Althea walked through the door of the bar first, immediately going over to her corner that Arthur told her to sit and draw at. "So what's she working on in art now?" Thomas asked "Ah, the class has to come up with with a dress design from a Disney movie." Arthur replied, "The little mermaid?" "Oh you know she chose that movie. It's her favorite one." Arthur looked back at his daughter who gave him a smile when she noticed.

"See I told you, it was a good idea to adopt her." Thomas said taking a drink from his beer. Arthur chuckled "I wasn't even thinking of having kids, you know that. But...that look she gave me, the night I found her...I..just couldn't let someone else have her. I wanted to raise her, I wanted to give her a good life. I wanted to be her father." "And that is the same thing that I felt when your mother had you." Thomas said smiling at the memory. Althea was abandoned on the seashore when she was 5 years old it seemed, Arthur and Thomas suspect that she had to be from an atlantean family since she's able to breathe water and control it.

Arthur was snapped from his thoughts by a hard pat on his back causing him to spill some of his beer, "Hey buddy." Arthur turned around to see a few bikers behind him "You that fish boy from the tv?" Althea has looked up at this point and was giving the bikers a 'You don't want to do that' look. "Oh great." Thomas muttered Arthur looked at his father who gave him a wink. Arthur stood up towering over the guy who got his attention "It's fish man." He said.

"What do you want?" "I'll tell you what I want." The biker said, he then took out a pink case covered phone "Can we get a picture with you? It would mean a lot." Arthur glanced at Althea who was dying of laughter, "Whatever." Arthur muttered.

A few pictures and drinks later, it was night when Arthur and Althea left the bar helping a drunk Thomas to the truck. Althea then looked to the docks "Dad, who's that?" Arthur looked to see who Althea was looking at, when he saw who it was he groaned "Althea, get your grandpa in the truck and go start it up." He said giving her the keys, "But Dad-" "Go." Althea walked off muttering.

Arthur approached the red haired woman, who he's met before "I've been looking for you." She said, "Oh no no no." He said walking away "I need you to come with me to Atlantis." Arthur turned back "Listen. I'm gonna tell you the same thing that I told that rusty star fish Vulko, but a bit nicer since your a lady. Um no thank you not interested." "Atlantis?" Arthur and the woman both looked to Althea who was watching them "I thought I told you to get in the truck." Arthur said, "You told me to put grandpa in the truck and start it up. Not get into it technically." Althea replied.

"Don't be a smart ass." Arthur told her, "And get in the truck." He pointed towards it, and Althea complied grumbling "Was that your daughter?" The woman asked "Yup. But I'm still not interested." He walked to drivers side door "But you've already saved Atlantis. Your half brother King Orm is about to declare war on the surface world, billions of people will die. Mine and yours." That caused Arthur to turn back to the woman "We must stop him." She declared.

He shut his door "And how do you propose we do that?" He asked, "You are the first born son of Queen Atlanta. The throne is yours by birth right." Oh no, the last thing Arthur wanted to do was become king and for Althea to become a princess. He wanted her to have a normal life, as for himself too. "The only way to stop this war for both worlds, is to take your rightful place as king." The woman said.

Arthur laughed "You think if I just show up, Orm is gonna give up the throne? I'm the bastard son of the queen your people executed. Trust me." "I agree." She replied, "That's awesome. Cool." He said climbing into the truck "But, Vulko believes in you for some reason. That is why I'm here, and he's always seemed to learn the location of the lost triden of Atlantis." "Ooh fairytales. It's a myth." Arthur said, getting tired of this conversation "It's not a myth, with the trident in your hands your people will listen to you."

"....right. Listen, I have my Dad in the truck who is drunk that I need to get home resting, and my daughter needs to be in bed because she has school tomorrow. Thanks for the talk though, it was really nice. But I promise you this, if Orm does try to attack I'll treat him the same way your people treated my mother. But no mercy." And with that he got into the truck and drove off, leaving the woman at the bar.