Chapter 13

A/N:Once again, going off movie script

Althea found herself pacing back and forth while glancing at the waterfall, Mera saw that she was nervous and tried to start a conversation but Althea only responded with head nods or shakes. Atlanna finally gently took the girl by her shoulders and sat her down "Althea, you need to breathe." She says it so gently that Althea was very surprised.

"I know..." Althea looked at the waterfall again, Atlanna glances at it too "You're just worried about him." She says, Althea nods "I mean..he has been my dad for all of my life." Atlanna nods "Well..maybe to pass the time, you can tell us the day you two met." The queen sits besides Mera and gestures to Althea to join them, she does and thinks for a bit.

"Well...I don't remember much about that night, I was pretty young, I was seven I think. Dad said he found me on the docks in the middle of a storm, he and grandpa think someone left me there." Althea says trying to remember the words correctly. Mera looked shocked "Someone left you there?!" She exclaims, "Yeah..I don't remember who though..I always figured it was my real parents." Althea murmured.

Atlanna got a curious look on her face "So how did Thomas react to Arthur finding you?" Althea suddenly laughed hard "I always laugh when I think of it. Grandpa says he was so surprised when Dad suddenly burst into the house holding me." Althea smiles at the memory of Arthur laughing every time he told her "I was really scared at first because I was so small and I didn't know what everything was on the surface. I thought Grandpa's dog was gonna eat me when I woke up the next morning."

Atlanna laughed while Mera was trying to figure out what a dog is, "But what I do know is that Dad and I were close from the moment we met. I knew he was good and that I didn't have to be afraid of him. And he's always been there for me. He helped me with school and let me tell you the first few years were really sucky."

"How so?" Mera questioned "Well I was new to everything and it was overwhelming. Dad had to come pick me up so many times because I would get too overwhelmed and just hide in the corner from everyone." Althea explained "Dad and Grandpa never got mad at me which was always comforting." "Thomas understood that we aren't familiar with the customs that he is. I was the same when I escaped to the surface." Atlanna explained.

The memories washed over Althea and the fear of losing Arthur, the only parental figure she had in her entire life, overwhelmed her and she stands up "I can't take it anymore! I'm going in with him!" Althea is about to take off with Atlanna and Mera preparing to stop her when a certain energy surges through the air and it causes them to all stop and stare at the waterfall.

Arthur emerged holding the trident "The one true king." Altanna chanted, Althea walked towards him and looked him up and down "Nice outfit." She commented. Arthur chuckles "I know, I know. It's not my style squirt." He says "You actually look like you belong on the justice league." Althea laughs at Arthur's look of disgust "Ew, no."

Atlanna and Mera approached the two of them "You got the trident. But are you truly ready to face Orm?" The queen asked. Arthur looked at Mera then at Althea "Yes." "Alright!" Althea shouts "Let's go to war!" The adults all laughed at the fired up teenager.