Chapter 1

It's 6:30 in the morning, and I finally reached the snooze button on the alarm clock. The Liz TV and entertainment system had automatically turned on to the Liznews channel in the living room. I closed my eyes again. Thanks to my alarm, it was going to take another two hours to fall asleep again. I reminded myself I had to be at work by 8:00 or Dr. Henry would start giving me minimum wage. But who listens to themself in the morning?

The light started to come in from my bedroom window, and I began to grumble. Can time wait just a minute?
"It's going to rain at 1:30 this afternoon, so be sure to bring an umbrella." The announcer was saying. Avery made her way to the headboard, and began to lick my face. Yes, she is a cat. I opened my eyes again, and began to stroke her back. I guess minimum wage won't hurt, I could just use grocery money to pay off the rest of the mortgage.

But then I would have to eat dog and cat food, and that sounds gross so I guess I have to get up. I wish I could scratch Avery behind the ears, but she had that dumb helmet those people put on her so her artificial heart had signal. You know, so it could work. Avery was in an experiment back when they were trying to make cats actually have nine lives. So they gave her a heart transplant so every time she had a heart attack her heart would restart and she'd wake up like she was fine. The experiment was force to stop because of animal cruelty along with other stuff, and she escaped soon afterward. And then I found her somewhere, I can't remember—but I adopted her.

She didn't really like me at first, but then she realized I was the one providing her with food. And now we have an unbreakable bond. (I also talk to her sometimes) Sometimes Avery scares me though, like one time when I thought she was sleeping, but it had been 12 hours. and I started freaking out because I never gave a cat CPR before. So I panic some more, and Max (my dog) started looking at me like I was crazy. Then Avery woke back up, and started looking at me like I needed the doctor. Then she headed towards the living room like all was well.

Avery started growling, and left me in bed when Max entered the room. Max was a Saint Bernard who has no respect for personal space. He came up to me and started sniffing.
"Hey! Ew! No! Get out!"
I sat up and he made a happy face.
"Max get out!"
He moaned in response and lumbered out of the bedroom. I rubbed my eyes, I'll never unsee that wet nose up close. Thanks Max. Max was the last dog of LizCorp whom isn't 'fixed.' He barks and plays and still need to be potty trained. I saved him even though I didn't have a license which is illegal. And he isn't fixed which is also illegal. So I could get fined if not arrested. But I couldn't let him be put down because he was unique. Even though I wasn't fond of him that much, I wanted him to live.

It was 6:50 by the time I got out of the shower. I gave everyone their breakfast, and grabbed my satchel..... wait where is my satchel? I started searching around the house, and when I glanced at the time it was 7:05.
"Oh my gosh..!"
I turned to Avery.
"Avery where's my satchel?!"
She stared at me in response, then continued licking herself. I dove under furniture, and dig behind chairs. I was removing myself from behind the fridge when Max came in gnawing on a brown bag.

"You didn't! How dare you? My property!!"
Max dashed out of the kitchen, but couldn't escape my tackle. When I retrieved by belongings Max had left a series of bite marks on it's fine leather.
"Do you know how expensive this is?!" He stared at the bag, then went to he 'play' stance. I felt my eye twitch, he was never getting a treat today.  The door automatically locks when the house key leaves the house. So home owners don't have to worry about getting forgetting to lock the door.

I grabbed my hover bike, and began my routines route towards the hospital. I was saving money for a hover car, so I didn't have any 'heavy' vehicle transportation of my own. Yet. Except my hover bike of course. I'm sure you think I own a hover motorcycle. Nope, we call those hover-cycles. Kinda straightforward. I use those regular bikes to get to work. The hover bike has petals, like the ones back in the day. Except there's no chain. And the wheels levitate under the fenders. The wheels are kinda useless, but they look cool as you ride.