Chapter 2

The doors open automatically before I could bump into them, and I was in the lobby. There were stretchers hovering into different rooms and everyone was wearing there white coats and scrubs. Different doctors with holographic clip boards with paper files of different patients, and their backgrounds. Health robots were mostly at the front desk. Talking to family members, and running information through data bases and other stuff.

"Dr. Daniel."

I looked around until I saw Dr. Henry. She hurriedly paced towards as she handed me a transparent clipboard.

"There's been a lab accident at Liztech."

"What?!—how—"

"Dr. Daniel if you look at the news every morning you would know why Elehondro kissed a robot. Your colleagues will have to tell you what happened. For now all I can say is that she's in critical condition, so stop waiting for an invitation and go to room 27."

She turned on her heels, and went into her office.
I took my white coat out of my satchel as I headed towards the elevator. When I made it to the room I saw my coworkers arguing again about but the best response was for whatever was going on. Dr. Charles Wilkins III ( I just call him Charlie) was really a laid back guy. He was easy to talk to. He had grey eyes and tan skin. His hair was always in fluffy, bshort curlys. He was bold and was ready to drag someone with him to complete difficult tasks. He was a pretty good Doctor. But, he always wanted to be right. No matter what it was about, his statements and theories just had to be right. Robots had to have tongues. Our president just had to where a wig. LizCorp just had to be destroyed by the blackhole. Or burnt up by the Sun exploding. He's not even an astronomer.....Wait how close are we to the to the black hole now........?

"She's going to die if we don't figure out where it went." Charles was saying, "Her heart rate is slowing, she's lost large amounts of blood, we don't have that type of advancements yet. They should've been more careful with their experiment."

"But they didn't know it was going to malfunction that badly. If don't figure out where the pieces went she could suffer from far more dangerous things than just a puncture—- internal bleeding or some form of tetanus—— she could— it—" Mason started losing his train of thought. He was speaking so quickly, Charles lost all his opportunities into adding anything.

"Okay— Okay!" I interrupted, "I'd like to know what's going on."

They both looked at me. Dr. Mason Dove was totally the opposite from Charlie. He was a anxious person, he was always cautious about.... everything. His dark slightly grayish hair reached the tops of his ears and over his forehead. His blue eyes looked worrisome. Actually he always looked worried. I personally blame his parents. They were both fairly honest about everything and gave everything to him guess that explained a little bit. He was always expecting the worst of everything and he always took the longest in the sanitation rooms that lead to the operating rooms. He always had trouble communicating with people as well. Mason was a great surgeon but he never seemed to keep his thoughts together. And then before he knows it, he's stumped. Surprisingly, they were both friends. Or at least, both my friends.

"It's about time you showed up, Dr. Dove was being unreasonable." Charles complained.

"And talkative....." He narrowed his at him.

Mason didn't say anything in reply, he only had trouble standing still and kept shifting his weight.

"Well anyway...." Charles continued, "There was an experiment going on at Liztech. The Hexz bug."