s i x

TAYLOR

Taylor honestly didn't care what they did and who they left behind, she just wanted to get this over with, so when she saw Jason take Piper's hand in his, she assured him that, "The sooner we get this over with, the sooner we meet Leo again." In order to escape the surprised look she was sure both demigods were giving her, she sped up and walked almost next to the ice princess.

She wasn't sure why she was being nicer to Jason than she was to most people, but it had something to do with the constant feeling of guilt stabbing at her heart. She wasn't sure why, but she felt like she owed him; that she had done something terrible to him and she had to make it up to her. Maybe it had to do with their lost memories.

"Warmth is not a good idea here," the princess said suddenly, in response to a hissing sound from behind her. "Especially when I am your best chance of staying alive. Please, this way."

Piper and Jason's hands were smoking, but they exchanged a glance and kept walking, Taylor quickening her pace in order to keep up with the ice princess.

"This is the throne room," she said. "Be on your best behaviour, Jason Grace. You especially should know your place," she shot Taylor a look. "My father can be... chilly. I will translate for you, and try to encourage him to hear you out. I do hope he spares you. We could have such fun."

"Mhm, sure," Taylor added, nodding her head slowly, but keeping a monotone voice and a straight expression to show what she thought of 'fun.'

"Really," Jason interrupted, making sure the ice princess didn't turn Taylor into a popsicle, "we're only here for a little talk. We'll be leaving right afterwards." This made the girl smile.

"I love heroes. So blissfully ignorant." Piper rested her hand on her dagger, while Taylor wrapped and unwrapped her chain around her hand.

"Well, how about you enlighten us? You say you're going to translate for us, and we don't even know who you are. What's your name?"  The princess sniffed with distaste.

"I suppose I shouldn't be surprised you don't recognise me. Even in ancient times the Greeks did not know me well. Their island homes were too warm, too far from my domain. I am Khione, daughter of Boreas, goddess of snow."

She stirred the air with her finger, and a miniature blizzard swirled around her- big, fluffy flakes as soft as cotton.

"Now come," Knione said. The oaken doors blew open, and a cold blue light spilled out of the room. "Hopefully you will survive your little talk."

"Hopefully," Taylor said, rolling her eyes. "Let's get this over with."

Word count: 452

i know, super short. also late (: was very busy with family coming from spain, plus i have a exam week coming up so there's that to prepare for.