Chapter 2

The next morning Victor woke up to nothing in his room, the only thing left was his bed and suitcase, he went over and put his clothes on and put his pajamas in his suitcase. He walked towards the window and saw a UHAUL vehicle with all their stuff inside. Then some men came up and grabbed his bed sheets and took the bed apart and hauled it down. He saw his brothers pony (truck) out on the street also, so he grabbed his suitcase and was headed down out the door.

"That's everything, thank you guys, alright let's get moving," said mother getting in the UHAUL, Jason and Victor got in as well and Edward drove behind in his pick up.

The Ranch was quite far away from the city. Victor started looking out the window and saw wildflowers, deer, mountains, mesquite bushes, he was not thrilled about this whole move.

"Why do we have to go, there is nothing out on the ranch, the nearest town is a mile away or two," said Victor.

"There are a lot of things to do on a ranch, besides we'll get in touch with nature and all the animals," smiled Jason.

"There are plenty of things to do," said mother.

As they arrived at the entrance of the ranch, they still had a ways to go to get to Maggie and Henry's place. They saw lots of cattle going through the ranch. They pulled up to Aunt Maggie's and Uncle Henry's place, they were waiting on the outside of the porch. They had two big yellow dogs, they started barking as they drove up. When they drove up they saw a good size fishing pond on their place.

"Nice pony," said Henry.

"Thanks, Uncle," said Edward.

"Alright we will drive up to your new place and help you all get settled in, you are going to love it," said Maggie.

So they all pitched in and drove up to the house. S they drove up to the house they saw a fenced home with a huge garage, a pool, to get in, you had to go through a gate and cross over a small stream to get inside the fence. The house was neat looking it had a metal roof, a long porch and screen doors, it was perfect for them, even the horses came up to the fence.

"It is beautiful out here, look at the view," said mother.

"I know, it's amazing out here, I 'm glad you decided this mom," said Edward.

"Me too," said Jason.

Maggie and Henry looked at each other and just smiled.

"Why are we here?" asked Victor sitting on the porch step.

"To start over honey," said mother.

"Things were fine back home," said Victor.

"To you maybe, but not us, you were getting in trouble, making me worry all the time, losing sleep, wondering if you will come home," said mother.

Edward walked towards him and sat next to him.

"The only reason mom did this, was to make life easier for us, you worried her too much, she worried that someday she'll be planning your funeral, parents are not supposed to bury their children," said Edward.

Victor looked towards the road and sawdust blowing in the wind, then he looked and saw a horse coming down the road, it was an Indian girl. Edward and Victor both stood up watching her slowly come toward the fence. She got off the horse with her knee-length hair, she walked through the fence.

"Guys this is Yellow Bird, she works for me, she lives over the bluffs there," said Maggie.

"Hello," said Yellow Bird.

"Hello," said Edward.

"Well let's see if Robert is cooking us a meal over down in the mess hall," said Henry.

So they all headed back down to the mess hall. Where the mess hall is, there was a swimming pool, a large fishing pond, behind the pond was the Pecos River, you also had cabins. So he went out and told them all to come and eat, so they started eating and having a good conversation.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you all," said Yellow Bird.

"It's nice to meet you also," said mother.

"Thank you, Maggie has been, talking about you all," said Yellow Bird.

"Well we're glad to be here permanently," said mother.

"Yellow Bird maybe you can show these guys around the ranch," said Robert eating.

"That would be great," said Edward.

"In do time, I will expect some chores to be done around here, there is a lot of things to do on a ranch that has to be done," said Henry.

"Yes sir," said Edward.

"Good now get out of here and go exploring," smiled Henry.

They all jumped up and ran out of the mess hall and started exploring the ranch on mules. "Motor mules, that are not actually mules."