0: For The Greater Good

"You can not do that."

"I know you won't let me."

...

"Go."

"But what about you? If you gave so much of your power into these, then-"

"Then at least I can do something in return for ruining your world."

"..."

"I will stay here, and guard the seal for as long as I can, but alas, when the time comes... I cannot do anything, for I have long perished at that time. Only those who have the power of the stone shards can shatter the great evil... I pray for the safety of your kind."

"...Thanks. I... we, are forever in your debt."

"Now go, I bid you farewell... The fate of humanity now rests on your shoulder."

...

"I will lead us to the right path. A path of peace."

"What path?! You've just killed our best friend!"

"It is for the greater good!"

"What greater good?! We've been living in peace. We can't die, yes. But, there's nothing that can replace the life we three once had! We could find another way around to solve this problem, like when Rucyel is still alive, and yet you decided to throw it all away just because she's the most powerful out of us three? Being the 'key' to whatever your hideous plan is?!"

"The gods that left us-!"

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT GODS! I CARE ABOUT OUR FRIEND!"

"..."

"...so, am I going to end up like Rucyel? Stabbed in the back by my best friend?"

"...if it's a necessary oblation..."

"...Please..."

"I will confront the god and goddess who left us..."

"...Don't make me do this..."

"...I will pull them down from the sky that they feel so comfortable in, and make them lick their own spit. Only then, will we be granted a true death."

"...You've brought this upon yourself. Don't you ever forget that."

...

"I... Have a request..."

"...Interesting."

...

"I want you to hold on to this hairpin."

"Never let it go..."

"Please... Do it for me..."

"Safe trip..."

...

"You don't think that I was going to let you go that easily, do you?"

"No... It can't be...! You're-!"

"AAAAAAAHHH...!"

...

"You've been hiding something from me, don't you?"

"..."

"Please... Tell me where she is, and I will find her, we will find her. She's our friend!"

...

"N..no way... W..we have to hit back..."

"N..no, ya..."

"It's finally the time for it, isn't it?"

"War."

...

"Don't you want to watch your world burn even more?"

"...Please... No, ya..."

...

"Diving bell's ready. Let's go."

...

"An entire kingdom... Gone."

...

"Let's go find it!"

"Stop this! It's not even real, Isabelle."

"But I want to believe that this is real!"

...

"If this is real, then..."

"No... No, no, no, no, no... NO!"

...

"Why are you crying?"

"My father hit me again..."

He was speechless for a brief moment, eyes furrowed.

"...It's okay. Please don't cry, I'm here!"

He wiped his hands quickly at his shirt, and proceeded to wipe her tears off her teary eyes, while gently patting her head.

"Someday, I'll be strong enough to protect you on my own!"

"Really?"

"Yeah... And when that time comes... Let's run away... You and me."

The little girl's eyes slowly lit up. The high spirit words from the boy washed away her melancholy.

"...Thank you." She smiled.

...

"I will be going for a while."

"Don't leave me!"

"It's okay, I'll be back soon enough."

...

"My, you're looking for a way to get stronger? At your age? I suggest you to stop your jest and trot back to your parents."

"...Oh my, I see. Well, if you insist. There's a forest, southeast of the continent, that many big trees call home. You may get what you need there. If you can find it. A big 'if' that is."

Chuckles.

"Trust the ripper."

...

"Ugh, I don't know... Probably from... Up there?"

"I think we're gonna meet again! Cause I kinda like you!"

...

"Old man... I must say it suits you, ya. Although, the name's kinda too obvious, ya."

...

We know the question you are asking, and we know the answer you seek.
Quest high above the sea that hides over the trees. The lucid citadel of times older stand to greet you at the edge of land.
Allow none to follow you.

"...Let's go there."

...

"No... No! Father, please stop!"

"No! Stop!"

"Let go of me!"

"Please, no more!"

"...Save me, please..."

A girl had just woken up.Sudden gasp followed. "...Bad dream?" A young boy with soft-spoken tone asked."Yeah... Thanks." Furrowed brow, but smiling. The boy tilted his head to the window overlooking a large city. "Look."

Author's note.
Hello! For those of you who have spent the time reading all the jumbled dialogues, I sincerely thank you. As this is a prologue of what to be expected onward, it might be a bit boring and a big turn-off because of the dialogue-only. But, you'll be here more than once! Because the dialogues here will come to be a very important source of information. Also, this is my first novel, so I'm still pretty new around here. With that in mind, please tell me if I do things the wrong way or if there's any misspelling. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated! That said, please stick around, and enjoy the long journey ahead!