VIII: Lightning Spear Axalat

Several minutes later...

"Nnngh..."
"Lyria...?"
"Hmm...?"
"Are you awake?"

Lyria opened her eyes. She could barely make up that she was lying down on a bench, and that she saw Lilia looking down on her, worried sick.
As the blur and vignette from her vision cleared up, she noticed that, from the perspective of where she saw Lilia, her head rested on Lilia's lap.

She felt... Comfy.

"I didn't know you have such smooth and thick thighs, Lilia." Is what she wanted to say, but maybe, maybe the timing is a just a tiny bit off.

"Lilia..." She chose just to call her. Good choice, Lyria.
"Lyria..." A relieved sigh blew out of her, followed by a smile. A smile that of a friend, who patiently, yet worryingly waited for her dear friend to wake up.

"Still breathing?" She smirked.
"Barely." Eyes lowered, faint smile.

Lyria wanted to get up. At least, to a normal sitting position. But, for some reason, she felt like the entire world was trying to hold her in place. Her futile attempts only lead to her adjusting to get more comfortable.

The magic of Eirandell was scary, indeed.

"I..it's okay if you still want to l..lie down..." She stuttered upon seeing big baby Lyria, flustered, jittering, probably felt ticklish from her hair moving. Lyria could only give a chuckle of the same stutter.

"Ah, my hairpin...!" Reflexively, she patted her hair again, but this time, it was there. A sigh of relieve escaped her lips. Lilia smiled along.

"You know, Lyria... If you don't mind..." Lilia leaned back towards the bench. "you can tell me what happened. I'll listen."
Lyria was bewildered to hear that. For all she knew, Lilia was only a shy girl that would avoid conversations with anyone else, much like how she perceived people from Eirandell. Yet, there are a lot more things that aren't equalized by the rumours and myths surrounding it than she imagined. At least, that's the case for Lilia. And she was happy to see Lilia opened up to her. So, Lyria told her all; The shadow, the terror, the sharp gasps of air. Everything she had undergone, while Lilia lent both ears to the troubled young girl. Resting her head to the bench, she closed her eyes.

The sky above them blew out a cooling wind right when Lyria was done venting all of her emotions.

"I see..." She murmured. "I myself felt that there's another presence at that time. To think that I didn't see it..."
"I'm sorry. I should've paid more attention." She finished.
"N..no... It's okay." Lyria shook her head, unintentionally tickling Lilia with her hair signaled by a sudden twitch on the edge of her lips.

As the last word flew out with a sigh from her, the gentle breeze came upon to graze the twosome once again. Putting up a faint smile, Lilia gently patted Lyria's hair, gazing directly at her. Lyria couldn't resist being spoiled. Maybe Ray would be mad seeing her being babied like this. Would he even go as far as telling Lilia not to do that? Well, he would. But, after all that has happened, the shards, Rhys, her family, the burden she had to carry... She needed it, she deserved it. In fact, aren't we all?

"But everything is okay now, right?" Lilia relaxed her shoulders. She rested her other hand at Lyria's stomach. She closed her eyes, sinking deeper into the comfort of what it felt like the number one pampering service from Eirandell, and that she knew that this moment would be over before she knew it.

"Your hairpin is so beautiful, Lyria." Lilia couldn't help but notice the gleam of moonlight reflected on the silver hairpin swaying at Lyria's hair.
"Mhmm." Showing her smug in reply, eyes still closed shut. "It's kind of one of a kind, you know."
"I see..." Lilia kept patting her head. "It's faint. But, I can sense some kind of magical properties in it."
"Hmm... Really?" Lyria opened her eyes.
"Like it had been enhanced with something... Not from this world." Lilia continued.