XXI: Following Orders

It was a peaceful, lovely day in Lighthouse's dining room.

"Y..you... you WHAT?!"
"A..ahaha... yeah, all twenty-four of them..."

...Maybe not so peaceful, but it's still lovely nonetheless.

The only reaction considered "normal" was Lilia's most earnest of shock when Lyria recounted the full list of the injuries she sustained and, well, currently still recovering from. She didn't know how to react though, except for giving off those short, filler chuckles to respond to the different stares she got. All of them eyed her in disbelief at first, yet her bandaged-up body from legs to shoulders convinced the other team that such a tale was true.
Because indeed, breaking all twenty-four of your ribs would be gruelling to just even hear about it. Yet it was different for Lyria though—it could be different for them as well, all holders, in probability—as with their amplified prowess and to some of them, Lighthouse's Focus, the very definition of "mortally wounded" might've been blurred out slightly.

"Hahahah...!" A familiar, annoying laugh sounded. It was something that Lyria hadn't heard since a while though. "Man, you're a lucky one, I gave you that." Said Eric, suppressing his chuckle.
"What can I say; colour me impressed, gal." Mavin scoffed, an amused grin unhidden. "You broke off my record by far and still live to tell the tale."
"Uh-huh..." She smugged. "Too bad you can't go further than twenty-four."

"Will you guys take this seriously?!"
"Whoop- witch girl's angry."

"Lyria!"
"Wah-! Y..yes!"

"I'm really worried about you, you know! You should be mindful of your condition more!" Lilia puffed her cheeks out, leaning to the young girl with her hands supporting her on the table. "It is always, always the better choice to just retreat and construct your strategy should an enemy like that appear!"
"I..I guess so... Ahaha..." Another chuckle.
"Good grief, you really are a bad team leader!" She pouted even more before retracting herself back to her seat. "You should apologise to Ray, Miko, and Avaron after they're done unloading the caravel!"
"S..sorryyy..." She twitched a smile, rubbing her nape as she lowered her head. She caught a glimpse, on her peripheral, of Lilia's relieved smile afterwards, hidden behind a cup she was drinking as her tensed shoulders relaxed down.

"But really, I know we're basically superhuman and all," Mavin waved her cup around, shaking the remaining liquid of whatever she was drinking. "But ain't breakin' nearly all your bones would at least leave you unmovin' for a couple o' days?"
"Hmm... now that you've mentioned it..." The young girl pondered, tilting her head to the side. "I did get forced into a very strict and healthy lifestyle at the port... Ray always snuck veggies into my porridge but the Burmalian tea tasted good!"

"Well then..." He had been unusually quiet for a while. "You have your answer."
"See, we may pride ourselves in our mead and ale across the lands," Stein continued as the stares turned to face him this time around. "But once you get into Burmal yourselves, you will find that we talk about our tea as often as our other beverages because of its healing properties."
"O..oooh..." Lyria's eyes gleamed, hearing her new-favourite tea mentioned.

"Aside from the slight bitterness, it is pretty much tasteless, but once we add in some non-fermented honey, it gives off that iconic taste." He went on. "Some hunters and huntresses often carry it on a hunt to lessen the pain from wounds and diseases."
"This is... I think I've heard about this before..." Lilia perked her ears up. "I came across an analysis of that type of leaf when reading through a medical research manuscript."