Chapter 25

Calum kicks the door shut behind him, hands on my waist, lips moving together in a hungry kiss. Everything's clumsy hands and quiet giggles as we get tangled in trying to get the other's clothes off. I pull away with a breathless chuckle, pulling my shirt up over my head and tossing it aside.

He doesn't move from his spot in front of me, brown eyes taking in the sight.

"Come on then, think I was promised something," I grin, pulling him closer by his shirt which is thrown off to join my own not even a minute later. The two of us tumble into the bed, teeth clashing clumsily causing me to giggle against his smiling lips.

Calum hovers over me and he has this odd way of looking strong and masculine but also soft and sweet. The look in his eye is what gives him the softness I decide. The look of complete bliss mixed with a hint of awe that has my cheeks flushing.

"Hi," I smile up at him, hands on either side of his face.

"Hi," he repeats just as hushed with a breathy chuckle. My hearts racing. In a good way of course - the best really. He leans down to catch my lips again but this kiss is different. Much more slow and careful and I can't decide which I prefer, each making me equally as dizzy with it.

It still doesn't really settle in until I'm bare chested and Calum's trailing his lips down my body, leaving little butterfly kisses to any patch of skin he can get to. All that's running through my head is, this is actually happening. This is something Calum wants. Not only does he want it, but with me nonetheless.

It blows my mind really.

His lips meet a particularly ticklish spot and I break into a giggle. Calum's laugh of his own comes against my skin before he lifts his head back up to be leveled with mine. He wears an eye-squinting smile that I can't help but reciprocate.

"Tell me again," I whisper with a beaming smile.

I physically see the words as they come out, the night so cold I can see my breath. I hadn't actually meant to say them but whether I did or not they were true and seemed to have lifted a weight I had no idea I was even carrying on my chest.

It's quiet after, so unbelievably quiet that it scares me a bit. He doesn't even flinch, just, stands there. It's like he's frozen. Like my words were some unknowing spell that had frozen him and everything around us. That's the best way to put it, everything just completely and utterly still. No music. No rowdy teenagers. No cars driving past. Nothing. Not even crickets. Hell I can't even hear myself breathe.

His eyes have gone a little wider than before no longer concerned, his mouth looks like he stopped mid-sentence and just kept it that way, his whole body gone rigid and stiff.

Maybe that's why I feel the incredibly strong need to apologize or maybe I'm a little scared this means he doesn't feel the same and just don't want to hear it. Maybe it's a little bit of both.

Either way, "Sorry, I shouldn't- I shouldn't have said anything. I don't even know why I said that. Why did I say that? God. Just forget I said that. Let's just go back inside," I ramble, pulling on his arm in the direction of the door but he's cemented into his spot on the ground.

"Calum," I sigh, pulling at his arm again but he doesn't budge.

"Calum come on, please just forget I said anything."

Still nothing.

"I'm not expecting you to say it back you know, it's fine if you don't, can we please just go back inside no-" I'm cut off with Calum pulling me into him, lips crashing down against my own.