17

Patton sat upright with a gasp. He shuddered in his cat onsie as he remembered his dream. Deceit burning down his house, all his memories going up in flames.

Maybe he could go talk to Logan...

Patton slipped put of bed and, as quietly as he could, went to the back and sat down by the pool. He watched the dark, blurry shape at the bottom of the pool. The slow rise and fall of his back could barely be seen in the low blue light of Logan's bioluminescent swirls.

Patton sighed. Maybe he shouldn't bother him...

"Patton?"

The fawn looked up at the merman. Logan was floating next to him, resting his arms on the side of the pool.

"What are you doing up this late?" Logan asked.

Patton's bottom lip quivered, "I-I had a nightmare."

Logan's eyes filled with sympathy. He pulled himself out of the water and slipped his bracelet on his wrist. In a flash of blue light, human form Logan was hugging Patton.

"It's okay Patt, I'm here." Logan whispered.

Tears fell as Patton sobbed into Logan's shoulder. Logan rubbed his back and rocked them slightly.

"It was so scary Lo," Patton cried softly, "everything was b-burning and I couldn't remember things cause they were burned away."

"It's okay Patt, it was just a dream." Logan comforted.

Patton gripped onto the merman's shirt, "I don't wanna forget you."

Logan paused, "Patt, you know how I've been going out lately?"

Patton nodded, looking up at Logan.

"Well, I found a part-time job at the marine center." Logan said with a blush.

Patton giggled, "that's pretty fitting."

Logan smiled, "I know.  I've been saving up and I was going to give you something on our one month anniversary, but I think now is a good time."

"What do you mean?" Patton asked, letting Logan pull him to his hooves and inside.

"You'll see." Logan said, taking a box from under their bed.

Logan handed the box to Patton. The fawn wiped away a tear before opening it.

Patton gasped, "you got me a cat hoodie!"

"It even has a pouch to place an actual cat, if you so wish." Logan stated.

"Oh I can't, I'm allergic." Patton said, pulling on the hoodie.

Logan took a deep breath, "then why! The cat onsie!"

Patton shrugged, "I like cats!"

Logan sighed and chuckled, taking a step closer to kiss the top of Patton's head, "I love you."

Patton smiled and hugged Logan, kissing him on the lips, "I love you too."