2-3

I just wanted to apologise in advance if I make a few dialogue mistakes, since I'm writing from the manga rather than the anime, it can be hard to tell who's speaking at times.

________

You watched as Sawamura got used to the mound, one far different than the one back home.

After 10 minutes of warm up, Miyuki announced they'd start.

"What kinda pitch were those? This big mouth is delusional if he thinks that's adequate!" Azuma mumbled. "I'll knock it out of the park with my eyes closed!" he announced.

Miyuki chuckled. "So you're gonna go easy on him? He's just a junior high kid, anyway."

"Idiot! I always swing fully! It doesn't matter if he's a junior high kid!"

"Ha! That's what I like about you, Azuma-san!"

Sawamura grinded his teeth, ready to pitch.

"Hah! What's with the brat's serious face? I'll change that face after I hit a homerun!"

He does look a little stiff, you thought.

He shot an angry look at him for a second before focusing. He rose his foot, let his arm wind up, took a step, then launched the ball to the plate. It hit the ground before Miyuki caught it.

Azuma laughed obnoxiously. "And just what the hell was that? If your hands are gonna shake from fear that much, I can't even swing at them! If you're that scared, just say so!"

"Sorry, short time-out!" Miyuki requested.

"Huh? If you're gonna talk, shoulda done it before we started."

"Hey!" Miyuki called. "Hey, you meant for the ball to hit the ground, didn't you?" he said. "Why?"

"I felt like he'd hit the ball if I threw it on that course," Sawamura replied.

Yeah, that makes sense. He probably could've hit a homerun off of that... you thought.

"Ha! I see, so it felt like he was gonna hit if you threw?"

"What? Is that wrong?"

"Well," Miyuki said, laughing, "You... were right! Honestly, that's the course he's best at hitting!"

You stared in surprise. What? What an odd guy...

He couldn't stop laughing. "Nah, you were just pretty stiff, so I thought if he hit it once, you'd relax a bit... If you threw it there, he definitely would've hit it!"

Sawamura gasped, utterly shocked.

"You know, I'm pretty impressed! Let's take out this monster together!" he said, pointing to Azuma, who stood clueless.

"Like I'm gonna trust you!" he shouted. "I bet you're a spy! For that monk dude!"

Oh, Sawamura... you're truly something.

Miyuki laughed harder. "You stupid or something? Learn to accept a sincere offer of help!"

"Shut up!"

"So then... what kind of pitches do you throw?"

"What? I always throw them straight down the middle!"

"Ha! You're way too funny... You gotta be a fun pitcher to lead!"

"Oi, don't make fun of me!" Sawamura yelled at the catcher.

"Ah, I'm so sorry, my bad!"

He thinks Sawamura's interesting, you thought. But he seems just as unpredictable...