23.3

'Can you please make a group chat with some of the others? I need to explain about yesterday'

Kuramochi is typing...

Yeah, with who?

'Just... Miyuki and Sawamura, and whoever else might need to know'

Right, and hey what happened yesterday?

Where'd you go?

A good minute passes by.

You've been added in a group chat with Kuramochi, Eijun, and 7 unknown numbers

'Who else is in it?'

Chris, Isashiki, Yuki, Masuko, Ryou, and little Kominato

They already know about what happened

And they kinda deserve to know why you're not there and why that all happened

You kinda bailed, it's good to have a second coach for us main players

You switch from Kuramochi, not needing to read more about how you messed up.

'I'm confronting them later today...'

Carlos is typing...

That's great

Let me know how it goes

'I will'

'I'm just really nervous.. haha...'

Don't be

You'll do fine. Just tell them everything you told me last night

And if they don't wanna be around you anymore, then letem go

'Right... I'm doing it later after they finish with their practice'

'haha.. im terrified'

You'll do fine, I promise

'Thanks :)'

'How's geometry going?'

Eh, could be better

I'm still about to fail, tho :/

'What's got ya caught?'

I mean, it's all the previous bad grades, and I also don't understand any part of geometry

I gotta go, I'll text ya as soon as I can

'Right, see you'

See ya

You sigh as you head walk around the city, trying to push away the unneeded guilt for skipping out on practice. Wandering aimlessly, the sun begins to dip, and you're tempted to stay out and not return to Seido.

But that's dangerous, and you're stuck trying to speed up to get there before it gets too dark and trying to slow down to delay the conversation.

Finding your dorm empty, you smile faintly in relief. Thankfully, the girls seem to sleepover next to every night. You turn out the main light and flick on the desk lamp. With your knees against your chest, you genuinely debate chucking your phone at the wall and running away.

Finding your impulse control at the last moment, you sigh and hop onto the group chat, deciding on typing a long explanation in one text instead of blowing up their phones.

'I'm really, really, really sorry for not being around and dragging you into this, and I owe an explanation. For most, really all, of my life, I was always bullied for my inability to talk from people. Of course not everyone cared about that, you guys were really, really accepting as far as I know, and that really means so, so much to me. And going as far to learn sign language? Eijun, Kuramochi, Chris, it baffles me that you did that, but at the same time, I was really happy. But I know how it goes. It's always happened, that once people like you realise I'm getting bullied, they understand that it spreads to them sooner or later. The bullying, I mean. So they distance themselves. I thought if I could distance myself first, I wouldn't end up getting as hurt, because it was my decision.'