23.5

You're given seven terms based on the reports and issues dealing with the children of mass donors to Seido High School.

1. If you were to continue to be harassed and harmed, you will be transferred to another school, costs paid courtesy of Seido High.

2. In event of extreme injury caused by a student or negligence from staff, Seido High will cover any and all costs.

3. Additional mental, physical, and educational support, although optional, will be offered and provided.

4. The offenders will be expelled from Seido High School unless you request otherwise.

5. Due to your recent medical exam and reports, you may not participate in any baseball activities which may be strenuous on your throat.

6. Given such poor experiences, if you so choose to, you may move into a dorm room occupied by baseball team members so long as each resident approves.

7. In the event you choose to move into one of said dorm rooms, any sexual harassment will not be tolerated and must be reported.

With your issues being fixed so simply and in the matter of a week, you feel like a fool for making such a big deal out of it. You want to crawl into yourself and cry, but your self deprecating thoughts despite the positive outcome are cleared by Miyuki.

"It took a lot out of you to stand up like this. It's no small feat, you did well, and we're all proud of you."

You doubt how the 'we're all' part, still iffy on your closeness with most of the team, but you're thankful that even if you still believe you're annoying, you're not enough of a nuisance to them that Miyuki would go out of his way to say something like that, noticing your distress.

While the thought of rooming with Eijun is a nice prospect, with the offenders out of your dorm, you have the room to yourself and don't have much of a reason to move. Besides, as much as you love Eijun, being around him 24/7 can be pretty tiring sometimes.

It's half past midnight and you're sat in your room in the dark, mindlessly flicking through your phone. You're bored, and you subconsciously rub your throat. No strenuous activity.

You knew it. Of course you did. But it still sucks. You breathe in deeply, feeling the cold air in your nose, mouth, and throat. Fragile throat. Stupid thing that kept you from speaking with a stupid fake that hardly worked par.

Bitterness swarms your heart, and it nearly takes over, but a small notification at the top of your phone distracts you.

Kuramochi
Hey

You tap on it.

'Hey, what're you doing up so late?'

Couldn't sleep. I just wanted to message you that
Uh
I'm here for you.
I'll be real with you, I always am
I can't say that I'll be here for forever
But as long as it's within my reach
I'm not gonna leave you okay?
And especially not for anything stupid.

'I...'
'Thank you Kuramochi.'
'I'
'I don't know how to explain how much you saying something like that means'
'Ah'
'You're doing it again'

???

'You've gone and made my smile like a fool again'

Mission achieved

'You should get to sleep Kuramochi'
'It's late, and you need rest'

Yeah, you're right
I'll try
You get sleep too

'I will'

'Don't worry'
'Goodnight.'

Night

_______

Short chapter for the end of this part <3