Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five: Doubt

I always see my girlfriend get home late, sometimes doesn't go to school or doesn't have time for a date with me. Whenever I ask her she just shrugs or changes the topic. We've fought about it a few days before, but she said sorry and I forgave her. But I never got to ask about as to why she's been busy for weeks.

I can sense she has a problem which I shouldn't be too concern but I am. I tried asking Santana but she just shrugs... I just know she has a problem.

I went to her locker and kissed her on the cheeks, she smiled and said,

"Hey Robby!"

I escorted her to her next class... 

"Babe.... Why do you always get home late?"

"I've been helping out my close aunt, she just moved in nearby, that's all, why'd you ask?"

"Cause I always see your room empty, we haven't been spending time together much.... I miss my girlfriend!"

She smiled and pecked me on the lips and said,

"Don't worry, I'm free on Friday. So maybe we can hangout!"I smiled, as she enters her room, I frown at the thought that she's trying to say something to me, but can't say it. I noticed it when I asked her the question to why she always gets home late.

~~~

"Bro... You need to chill, just because she hasn't been spending time and being late at night doesn't mean she has a secret. You know girls Robby, thought you dated many girls before." Sam said, 

"Yeah Robby.... Just let Janella do whatever she wants. You do trust her right?" Gian exclaimed,

I trust her, it's just that... I have a feeling that she's hiding something from me.

"Dude, stop thinking so deep! It takes your charms away." Gian joked.

"It's because the answer to your question is so obvious, of course I trust my girlfriend." I replied, they just laughed and soon I was joining them.... 

"But seriously Robby, do you really trust your girlfriend?" Sam asked. 

"Dude, I trust her... So much." 

"But, what's with the confused look?" Gian asked.

I stared at them, I didn't know they noticed that. 

"I don't know guys, it's just that... We already made up after the fight, but there's this feeling that she's hiding something from me. I wanted to confront her but I just can't." 

We fell silent for a few moments, they seem clueless as to what they'll say to me... Because thinking about it, it is hard to answer, or even react on what I said.

"Did you try following her as to where she's been heading these days?" Gian asked.

"Dude, I don't want to invade her privacy, plus it just shows that I don't trust her at all." I said.

"It's not that you don't trust her, you just want to make sure she's safe. Since you said she gets home late most of the time, then why not follow her?" Sam suggested.

"No, wait. I think it's better if you go with her, in that way you won't just make her safe, but also know the real reason as to why she gets home late." Gian said.