CHAPTER 1

I didn't even look at her when she greeted the first day she came to the house holding a birthday cake in her hand. She looked beautiful like how she always is and I felt she was more beautiful than the owner of the husband. But as the saying goes no woman owns a man even if they are together, he is only your when you're with him or never yours at all. But I don't believe that. I believe if he is really yours he will stay with you no matter what.
After she greeted everyone on the compound, dear husband came out of the car with his face towards the ground. I don't know if he was embarrassed of being too drunk or he just didn't want to show his face but I will go for the first one. That faithful evening was when the whole event started unfolding.
But how would you feel about your sister's husband bringing all sort of women to their matrimonial home. Women that I would say are a bit high class than she is. I had mixed feeling. I was angry, sad, disturbed because hey, they do have kids, beautiful, lovely kids. What would their mother or I tell them, that daddy doesn't love mommy anymore so he has to go in for other women. I was angry because I was too young to comfort my sister, help her out in this situation, and protect the kids from all these events of seeing their with different women all the time and seeing their mother cry everyday.
I had the feeling that the children knew what was going on even at that young age because it's like, "why is mom crying everyday and why is dad bring women into the house and taking them to mommy and daddy's room and not the hall. Are they mommy's friends too." Well I don't know you ask daddy maybe he will have answers to your question. But even their dad didn't like the kids coming closer to him, he doesn't play with them, he doesn't act like a father figure. But mommy is always crying because it's too much for her to bare. The burden is too heavy for her heart to carry and tears are the only ways to tale some of her sorrows away because she had a story with a "happily ever after" ending but it didn't turn out that way. Happily didn't come before or after, it was just ever.
So miss beautiful started coming to the house frequently but I thought she was just friends with Mr husband, well was what she said but golden son's mother didn't have any problem with another woman coming around frequently while her son's wife is around. She couldn't even say anything about her son's behaviour. She couldn't even advise him against his poor attitude. She didn't care about any of that. What she cared about was her work, herself, her grandchildren and her son but at least she cared about the kids wellbeing not their feelings but who bore you the children. At least care about their mother too. You not caring about their mother feels like a piercing arrow in their mother's heart and all these were too much for my sister, the golden boy hurting and breaking her and his mother not caring so she had to move out. She didn't have anywhere to go but she just had to at any cost.
A little advice to all women, if not all maybe some women, never ever leave your job because of marriage or because of a man even if he can take care of all your needs. Still work for something. Spoil yourself sometimes and feel good that the spending are actually from your own pocket. Don't depend on a man too much because everything can change at anytime and you can be disappointed. If he doesn't want to support you, leave him because trust me there is a man out there praying for a woman like you to support. You may love him but put your feelings aside and stand for what you want because when the final time comes and he is hurting you, he hurts you and you feeling.
That was the mistake my sister did. She left the job she loved so much, the job she has always dreamed of having and always practised in her room for, and always had passion for because of this man and his mother because his mother didn't want women working on tv for her son. She felt women like my sister aren't ready to put hot meal on the table and clean the baby's poop but my sister did all that and even went extra mile. Maybe she just didn't want another woman getting close to her son.
Secondly, don't ever stay with your inlaw in the same house especially the women. After marriage even if your husband does have a place and you do, let him move in with you. That does mean you should boss him around. You have to still be submissive to him, after all he is the head of the family and that's my opinion depending on how he or she is to you. Some are quiet sweet and others are a little bitches, hope I wasn't too hush. If you have the heart and the strength to compete with them then stay. If from the beginning of a relationship your boyfriends mother is acting like a spoilt little child please don't think of going into that marriage because she's going to continue till she breaks the marriage apart. There is a woman somewhere praying for her son to get a woman like you. Every woman is unique in her own way and carries her own blesses.
So my sister moved out, staying with friend, family members and anybody she sees convenient with. Although she had friends and family to lean on and cry on their shoulders, she tried to be strong. Strong for herself and for the kids and for everybody around her. But she loved him and that was the problem she was battling with. Love can weaken people. That is the big issue right, when you love someone and put all your trust in the person and he or she betrays you, you feel like you are being sunk into a deep ocean where there's no life but only you. Where it feels like your heart is being squeezed or hammered on but NO, all these didn't bring her down, sure she's going to breakdown some couple of times because the life she put her all into has been shattered but she made herself strong through all these and started planning her life back on track, the life before this forbidden journey of marriage.