CHAPTER 5

It was disturbing that a man so quiet and calm could turn into a beast in a twinkle of an eye. Humans can change so easy. I felt like so angry and so disappointed in him. I don't think he is a man that any young man can look up to. He felt on top of the world because he got to date celebrities and got to drive expensive cars and go to big parties but that wasn't his money he was spending. That was his mother's money. Sure his mother's money is also his but I don't think a man is a real man if  he doesn't work and just sit around waiting for his mother to give him money to feed, buy his boxer briefs for him.

Going shopping for your son once in a while is ok but doing it on regular, feeding and clothing him while he is a grown ass man that can take care of himself is a no no for me. But as they say, 'charity behind at home,' and the bible even says, 'In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread (Genesis 3:19),' which mean a man is to work so for me a man who doesn't work is not a real man. It's different when he is searching for a job and not finding one. It's different when he is trying very hard and not succeeding but not everyone would work in an office or have a suit and tie jobs and sit in an air conditioned offices. Trust me they feel more hot in those offices than the people on the street.

But golden boy wasn't in an air conditioned office or on the street but rather in a bed sleeping like a log with other woman probably or playing game. Those were the things he knew how to do well. When he needed money, he just had to walk into his mother's bag for it. Sure his mother's money is also his but if would have been nice if he acted like a man and got a job if his own or maybe he had a secret job that nobody knew about but as the saying goes, 'charity begins at home,' I guess charity didn't begin at home for him. Surely his mom didn't push him enough to be a man and has always treated him like a baby boy, like an egg that she is afraid to let otherwise it will fall and crack. She didn't know how to straighten him up when he was wrong and always pampering him do he here up as a boy not a man.

He didn't know how to do anything, absolutely nothing because his mother has gotten people to do his work, to clean his mess and to work at his and because of that he didn't respect anything and anybody. He felt he was the oga (boss). Sure he was but that didn't give him the right to be disrespectful. That didn't give him the right to be naughty and ungrateful because those people who came around to help if they weren't there he wouldn't get any proper meal to eat unless he ate restaurant food from morning to evening because queen mother didn't have time to cook if only she knew how to do that. She had to go and earn some money and she wouldn't have time to be in the kitchen. And he would complain about the food being given to him, complain about the meat on his food meanwhile even his mother can not eat all the meat on his food but because of her golden son, she would say lots of abusive words to the cook and sometimes physically abuse her. But the lady never left. She was still serving. I wouldn't have been able stay through that beating and cursing and all that verbal assaults. But she was able to stay all because she took care of her education but that didn't mean she had the right to mentally and physically abuse someone while she can't even advice her son against his bad attitudes.

She was afraid of her son I guess. She was afraid that if she says anything against her son's behaviour he would get angry and leave the house but I don't think a grown ass man capable of working should still be living with his mother. If I were him I will take advantage of my mother's money and built a place for myself so I can get peace of mind and have a properties of my own and not all about my mother's but that wasn't the case for him and think it wasn't his fault in a way. He was trained to be under his mother's bosom all the time. So he's going to stay there forever and without thinking of moving. But maybe, just maybe miss beautiful can help us out here.