Chapter Twelve- Broadway Stardom Is So Overrated

Olivia didn't want to leave Florence, they had barely arrived, but Tony didn't want to stay longer than the weekend. So she hugged Aida goodbye and got on Tony's private jet to make the trip back home.

She gazed out the window at the blue, rolling ocean. It was so beautiful, stretching for miles and miles until it faded from view. Somehow, it reminded her of her new life- unable to see how it ended, vastly covering everything, and both beautiful and turbulent.

When they landed, Tony helped her out and they were greeted by Cassidy, Anthia, and Jessica. Cassidy thrust her new and improved smartwatch into Olivia's hands, ecstatic to see her use it to observe her heart rate. The hologram projected a model of her heart that beat at an average speed.

"Awesome," she whispered.

Cassidy shrugged. "It was nothing."

Jessica thought about saying that Cassidy spent days in her room working on the project, so it certainly wasn't 'nothing,' but decided to let her have her moment. Instead, she and the other girls went to Jessica's cozy room. It, like Anthia and Oliva's, was cleared of plants aside from a couple that Jessica kept in the windowsill like a tribute to Ryan.

"So what have I missed?" Olivia asked.

Anthia hummed a couple of notes from Hamilton before answering. "I got cast in Little Shop of Horrors on Broadway- the lead role, Audrey. But my director is actually Satan. So I don't know if I'll keep doing it."

"Of course you should!" Olivia reprimanded, "It's a fantastic opportunity!"

Anthia shrugged and Jessica jumped in before it could get too confrontational. "I made a bunch of cookies while you were gone, double chocolate fudge. Want some?"

Olivia shook her head sadly. "I can't, I'm on a diet."

"Diets are stupid. Cookies are better," Anthia stated.

"I read a meme that said that the heavier you are the harder you are to kidnap so you should stay safe and eat cake," Jessica chimed.

Olivia rolled her eyes and got up. "Whatever. I'm going to go find Tony and make myself a protein shake." She left, shutting the door rather roughly behind her.

Cassidy raised her eyebrows. "What's gotten into her?"

 "Must be the air in Italy, she's always grouchy after she comes back," Anthia grumbled. "I suppose compared to Italian mansions, we're pretty disappointing."

Jessica looked at her in sympathy. "Aw, Annie, that's not true."

"Yes, it is!" Anthia exclaimed, "He whisks her off to Venice or Florence or something and the moment that she comes back she looks at us like we're let-downs. Who are we kidding? We can't compete with that. She doesn't like it here in New York. She doesn't like it here with us."

Jessica shook her head indignantly. "Yes, she does. She's just got jet lag. You're reading too much into this. Everyone is just stressed."

"Yeah, sure," Anthia grumbled, getting up. "I'm going back to my room, I've got rehearsing to do."

"You're staying in Little Shop of Horrors?" Cassidy inquired.

"Yeah, I guess," she answered, stepping out the door and going to her room.

Jessica got up to go follow her and make sure she was okay, but Cassidy stopped her. "I think she just needs space, Jess."

Jessica watched her leave. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

Cassidy furrowed her brow, examining Jessica. "Maybe it's you that's not okay. Don't let Anthia get to you. She's always overdramatic, anyway. Give her and Olivia some time, things will settle down."