Chapter Three- And They Were Roommates

"Ryyyyyyan!"

Ryan looked up from her phone. "Whaaaaaaat?"

"Something's wrong with the outlet in here!"

Ryan groaned and got up from her bed, going into the bathroom where Anthia was trying to plug in her curler. "What's going on?"

"I don't know," she whined, "I plugged my curler in but it's not getting any power!"

"Alright, I'll see what I can do," Ryan said.

Anthia thanked her and went back to her backpack. She was getting ready for her second audition and was freaking out over everything. The outlet just made it worse. "It's a sign!" She cried, "It's a sign that this audition will be a flop! It's bad luck, I'm telling you. I'm cursed!"

Cassidy scoffed. "Have you been reading horoscopes online again?"

Anthia nodded sadly as she looked over her music again, pacing up and down the room. "It's what I get for being a Leo. This is terrible! Even fate is against me!"

"That's ridiculous. It's all based on constellations and astrology, none of which have any real effect on the future or personalities of humankind." Cassidy lectured, wagging a finger. "You shouldn't actually listen to any of that."

Anthia chuckled a bit. "You really are a true Capricorn."

Cassidy rolled her eyes.

Ryan laughed from in the bathroom, where she was removing the outlet cover with a plastic knife. "How about me? What's my fortune?"

She meant it sarcastically, but Anthia took her completely seriously. "When's your birthday?"

"November 4th,"

 "Scorpio... let's see..." Anthia pulled out her phone and clicked on her zodiac app. "Here we go. 'Today your patience will be tested. It will be easy to lose your head, but keep cool and stay calm. Remember that only you control yourself and be confident.'"

Ryan snorted. "My patience is already being tested."

Jessica examined Anthia. She seemed calmer, less anxious. Jessica, being a good friend and wanting to help Anthia feel more at ease, asked, "What's mine?"

Anthia smiled. "Let me guess- Virgo?"

Jessica nodded.

"I knew it. Okay. 'It's time to assess your surroundings. There can frequently be too much clutter clouding you and causing unnecessary stress. Take time for a cleanse and allow yourself to breathe.'"

Ryan laughed again. "Right. Because we have too much stuff."

She had a point. The apartment was pretty much bare. But Jessica noticed the disappointed look on Anthia's face and said, "Maybe it doesn't mean physical clutter. We all have mental clutter too, things distracting us. I know I do."

Anthia regained her confidence. "Exactly! Olivia, do you want your fortune read?"

"No."

"Let's see you were born in April, right? Aries. 'Don't be too quick to make snap decisions about others. Listen to what they have to say and hold your sharp tongue. It could lead to the next best thing in your life.'"

Cassidy was about to scold them again, but Ryan had finished fixing the outlet and Anthia went to go curl her hair. Ryan came back, tossing the plastic fork into the trash can. "Olivia, shouldn't you be at work?"

"I quit."

All of the girls turned quickly, eyes wide. "WHAT?" They asked in unison.

Cassidy panicked immediately. "Oh my god, what about the rent? We're going to die!"