Chapter Six- German Chocolate Isn't As Good As They Say It Is

The Italian coast was like a dream. The canals of Venice connected to the crystalline Adriatic sea, blue and green mixing like watercolor paints. Tony and Olivia would frequently walk along the coast, enjoying the salty smell and the intensely blue waters. Jogs at sunrise and kisses at sunset became daily life for Olivia. She settled into the house well, especially with the spa. It was perfect: high wooden ceilings, beds, a fountain, candles, flowers, towels and robes, a hot tub, and masseuses 24/7. Olivia didn't think her back had ever been so free of knots.

When she wasn't running, swimming, walking, or getting a massage, she'd go find Tony, who spent a lot of time reading in the airy library. Then they'd talk or watch TV or just sit together doing separate activities, but enjoying each other's presence.

Italy fit her well. She wasn't sure when Tony was planning to take them back to New York, but she hoped it wasn't for a long time. Of course, she missed her friend, but they'd Facetime her and demand to see everything Venice had to offer, so it didn't feel like they were very far away.

"Finished, Miss Mills?" asked a servant.

Olivia blinked back to reality and nodded. The servant took her lunch plate away, leaving her and Tony alone at the dining room table.

"What do you want to do today?" Olivia asked him.

"I have a meeting with a major business partner today in Berlin, so I'll fly there and then come back. But other than that, I'm all yours." Tony informer her.

Olivia nodded. "Berlin, huh? Send me a picture of the wall."

"You could come with if you want. I'm sure the meeting will be boring, but you can sightsee while I meet with the associate and then we can meet up and come home." He offered.

"Sounds good. Who is this mysterious business partner?"

Tony shook his head. "No one,"

"Is it Salvatore Riina? I knew it. Tony, I know that organized crime makes a fortune, but it's really not ethical. I don't know if I can sleep in silk sheets knowing that they were paid for with blood money." She teased.

He rolled his eyes. "No, I'm not meeting with the mafia. His name is Walter. We need to discuss some of our stock and whether or not we want to buy and sell it."

"I thought your family all works together. Shouldn't they be there?" 

"They trust me to make good business decisions. We're all capable, it doesn't have to be a big meeting unless it's something severe or a family reunion." He shuddered. "Family reunions. I pray you'll never meet my Aunt Ida. She's a nightmare, I assure you."

Olivia laughed. "Sounds fun. When do we need to leave?"

"An hour or so. I'd take warmer clothes, it's much cooler up in Germany."

"No shit, Sherlock."

***

The plane touched down in Germany 45 minutes after their departure thanks to the speed of Tony's private jet. They stepped off and a limousine took them to a large, expensive looking building. Olivia hurried through snow and up the steps, Tony beside her. It was much warmer inside as they approached the front desk.

"Mr. Bianchi here to see Mr. Cable."

The woman at the desk typed on her computer and looked back at him seriously. "Mr. Cable is waiting in conference room two, down that hall and to the left."

Tony nodded and went that way, Olivia in tow. She caught his arm before he went in. "Tony, when should we meet up?"

"It shouldn't take more than an hour. My driver will take you to all the sights, and we'll meet back here." He decided.