Chapter 63

(Christmas Eve-Part 2)

When we part from this incredibly luscious kiss, another wave of unexplained emotions rushes over me I can't figure out. "Sweetheart, I need to go to the nursery to check on our babies. When I come back, let's take a relaxing bubble bath." 

"Mama, I'm going with you. I want to check on them too." We put our festive red Christmas robes on and go over to the nursery to find Nanny with her reading glasses on, sitting upright on the sofa, engrossed in reading on her new Kindle. "Nanny, do you like your new toy?" I quip with a cheeky smile. 

She looks up with a wide grin, "Thank you kindly for the tablet reader. I found a book I had been searching for that was out of print. Much to my surprise, it was available digitally on Amazon. It's a dandy and very thoughtful gift, I believe I am going to love it." 

"You are most welcome. I'm glad Santa did a great job picking it out for you and you are enjoying it." We saunter over to the crib, our beautiful little cherubs are awake and you know who squeals with excitement when she sees me. Oh gosh, when she does that is puts all my senses on high alert, not to mention what it does to my whole body. We pick them up, cuddling them close to our chest. 

"Ma'am, do you want to feed them. It's almost time for their bottle." He nods in approval at me. Ms.Violet is nuzzling into my breasts, routing around for a nipple. I open my robe to make her snug close to me and she latches on like she's starved. 

"Sugar, please give your Mama a minute. The milk bar needs to be hooked up for ya." He leans into my ear, whispering, "Umm, Mama. She's got a lot right there to snuggle into." 

Giving him my side-eye, "Nanny, we are going to take them over to our room for the rest of the night. Please fix me up with two nursing tanks instead." He hums a pretty tune as we bounce and sway with the babies while she quickly transfers the milk to tanks and hands them to me. 

"Thanks, Nanny. Come over to our room to get them for the next feeding. Snookie will be arriving early so we need to have them all dolled up in their Christmas finery and ready for her. We probably won't be up when she arrives." 

"As you wish, Ma'am."

We head back to our master suite with the twins in tow and sit on the side of the bed with the bassinet. I lay Violet down on the bed to scoot up to pillows and get comfortable. He places Ethan in the bassinet. Standing there flipping the roll of tape around his index finger in the hole, gazing, looking fixated on me. "What's the matter, Sweetie?" 

"Umm...Love, you are picture perfect and so beautiful. I can't believe all you do taking care of them, taking care of me, you manage to take care of everyone around you. You are an amazing and extraordinary wife. I have to wonder whatever I did to deserve you?" 

Looking demure, I bat my eyes at him, "Sweetie, you are stuck with me and I'm stuck with you. We are stuck with each other.  Building this family, there's no turning back now. Fasten your seatbelt, this is gonna be a wild and crazy ride." 

 He busts out laughing with an infectious smile, "Mama, you are full on. I deserved that, didn't I?" 

Giggling, "Yeah, you did. Now quit fooling around and hook me up so I can feed my baby girl. She's growing impatient by the minute." 

He's still laughing as he sits next to me on the edge of the bed. Leaning into me to steal a sweet kiss, "Mama, you keep everything real around here. That's one of the many reasons I love you so much." 

I'm still chuckling, "If you think that's real, wait until all these little darlings start talking. You know how kids say the most darn things, what they think with no filters. That'll be a slap of reality."