Chapter 36

A/N: I updated three times today so check out earlier chapters if you've missed them!

Enjoy!

---

There was quite the commotion that morning.

Ja'far can feel the oncoming headache already as the workers stopped what they were doing to stare. He also still hasn't forgotten event that happened between him and Sin, but watching him behave as if nothing was wrong the past weeks makes him think that he was in the jerk for overreacting.

He had apologized at one point but their president merely looked confused and asked what he was apologizing for. To say that he was confused himself was an understatement, but just like that, the incident was swept under a rug and was never mentioned again.

Snapping himself out of his thoughts, he headed into where the commotion was coming from. He shooed away those that needed to get back to work.

...

Then he got a good look at the visitors they had. Most especially the woman who had greeted him first.

"Hello there, young man. Is this where Sinbad lives?"

He almost dropped the scrolls he was holding.

For the woman in front of him looks exactly like the president of their company. And the resemblance had been uncanny.

---

So about that friendship thing with Yamuraiha. We're still not good friends, even when she had willingly stayed by me after out match. But like she had told me then,

"I'm only doing this because I lost to you. As soon as the cooldown is up, I'm battling you once again."

It was undoubtedly better than her staying mad at me. She had been so much more amicable than the past, but she's not exactly the same as our first day together as classmates. She doesn't smile at me. More often than not, she was scowling.

I was happy at first, but since I've thought about things more thoroughly, I wondered it had been better if I lost.

For Sheba, she says that it's better that the things are the way they are now rather than before. All she tells me was to be patient with the girl (be more understanding, per se) and she'll warm up again.

"There's six years left ahead of you, she's bound to at least be vulnerable with you in one of those days."

Right... six years. I just hope that dislike she has of me won't just evolve into hatred instead. Considering that I plan to involve myself in many of the future's events, she'll be seeing a lot of me and I don't think staying as we are or worse would be good.

On another note, being associated with Myers, Doron, and Irine had been... interesting so far.

During the course of a few weeks, I learned that a lot of professors disliked the trio. When I asked why, they said that it was because they learn things their own way and oftentimes causes trouble when they do.

For Myers, she was a brusque and very passionate person when it comes to a lot of things. Oftentimes, she would not hesitate to order some of our more timid professors to speak up if she can't hear them. Sometimes even making good use of her whip.

Which happens quite a lot seeing as we often sat at the back.

Yamuraiha and I would often be a little scared to stop her so we stayed quiet at times.