Chapter 25: The Party

Steph, Nina, Lucy, Michelle and I were standing in Nina's room, dressed up and hyped up for the party. Michelle was going through the list of things we needed.

"Camera?"

"Check."

"Jess?"

"Check."

"Steph?"

"Check," she said, laughing. Then we left.

We arrived at the party 'fashionably' late, at which point I could already see Jamie cracking open a beer. Me and Steph raised our eyebrows at one another and headed over, but far enough away so she wouldn't see us. Steph went to get drinks for us while the others sort of milled around the party, keeping an eye on Jamie.

"What are you planning?" I jumped, startled as I heard a voice behind me. I turned around and glared pointedly as I saw Spencer.

"What's it to you?" I replied, folding my arms. "And by the way, you're not getting your thank-you present," I said, but even as I said it, I thought it sounded a bit mean. After all, my friends were practically my life, and he had helped me reclaim them. But then I remembered what Steph had said about me being too nice for my own good and snapped out of it. He arched an eyebrow.

"Well, that's not very nice," he said, frowning. I scoffed.

"Neither are you," I said.

"And why aren't I very nice?" he asked, scrutinizing me.

"Maybe because you were being really nice at the - the hospital over the holidays, and then I come round your house to ask you what I could do in return for helping me get my friends back, obviously minus anything to do with a removal of clothes, and you decided to be a manwhore again? Do you have any idea how much I hate you right now?" I said, and walked off, leaving Spencer to mull over these thoughts. My eyes searched for our prime suspects. Sorry, I mean victims.

I found Jamie drinking what looked like her fourth or fifth bottle of WKD. I smiled. The plan was going well. I found Steph and we both nodded, and Steph wandered off to find Tina's boyfriend, while I kept tabs on Jamie.

Nina was already on the prowl for Tina, making sure she was either extremely drunk or as far away from the action as possible. When it was time for action, Nina would switch with one of the boys so she didn't miss anything.

A few minutes later, Steph came back dragging a bemused and drunk guy by the elbow. He was holding a glass of strong smelling alcohol in his hand. Steph smirked and I went over to Jamie, pushing her forwards so she was standing in front of him.

I nodded to Lucy, who was standing near, and she turned around and nodded to Nina, who swapped with Chris and emerged holding her camera. Steph was talking to the drunken couple.

"OK, so, this is the hot girl I was talking to you about! Have fun! And Jamie, make it good, he's been a bit deprived lately, if you know what I mean!" she said with a wink, and sauntered off to us. Us girls were gathered round the two of them as they did much more than touch each other up - and Nina got it all on camera.

I smirked. Jamie was not gonna believe this.

**

The next day, I woke up feeling great, which was unusual after a party. Of course, I hadn't had any alcohol, but you know what I mean. Me and Steph practically bounced to Nina's room, where Lucy, Michelle, Nina and her roommate were already gathered.

"Did you get it?" was the first thing I asked as we stepped through the door. Nina, smirking, handed me her phone, where me and Steph huddled over the screen. We both looked at each other and smirked victoriously as the film of her snogging her best friend's boy friend finished. We cheerfully made our way down to breakfast, and it was Martin who spotted Tina when we got downstairs.