四十

hoseok

2:34am

the older had been paying more attention to the younger for the past few days, waiting for his mood to pick up a little bit and for him to go back to his normal self. he wasn’t all that different than normal but it was the kind of un-normal that only a few people would be able to notice in the younger boy and if anyone could see it, it was hoseok.

so that's why he was pacing around the dorm room, waiting for jungkook to walk through the door.

it had only been about twenty minutes since he was supposed to but hoseok was worried when his friend hadn’t sent him even a text that said he’d be a little late and as far as hoseok knew, he hadn’t even touched his phone as it rang until going to voicemail with each of his calls.

another twenty minutes went by and the older finally decided that this was going a little too far.

he grabbed a jacket and his key from beside the door, slipped on some shoes and made his way outside.

it had been convenient for the boys since jungkook was able to get a job so close to where they lived while the university was in session, so hoseok made his way to the station.

the neon sign of the convenience shop across the street was still beaconing in the darkness despite the store being closed and hoseok noticed how the neon sign in the window of the station was still on, indicating that jungkook was still broadcasting at his hour, almost an hour longer than he usually did.

he walked up to the door and peeked in through the glass, sighing as he took in the sight before him. jungkook’s head was still in the same position he left it in when he fell asleep and his arms remained tucked beneath his face, resting on the desk in front of him.

hoseok rolled his eyes and sighed again before making his way into the room. he made his way over to the sleeping boy before squatting down next to him so his face was even with his and placing a hand on the younger’s shoulder.

he gently shook the younger’s shoulder, watching as his tired doe eyes blinked open. his feathered hair stuck in multiple directions and his body was still shaking off it’s fatigue when he took in his surroundings.

“hoseok? what are you doing here?” the boy’s voice was scratchy.

“jungkook, it’s almost 3 am, i was worried to death about you,” the older scolded, trying not to sound too mean, he was only worried.

jungkook’s eyes widened and he looked at his phone, pressing the side to turn on the screen which showed 14 texts and 9 missed calls from none other than hoseok.

“i’m sorry, i didn’t mean to fall asleep, i didn’t get my coffee and that’s what keeps me up,” the boy’s eyes glanced in the direction of the door.

“why didn’t you get your coffee? is it because she’s the one who works there?” the older asked.

“i just don’t know what to say to her, i want us to be friends again but i messed up and she probably thinks i’m a jerk now.” the younger confessed, causing hoseok to sigh again.

“jungkook, you have to say something at some point, you’ll be fine. and you need to get your coffee, you can’t worry me like this. just don’t say anything to her if you have to. but, please, come home on time.” the younger nodded his head.

after grabbing his belongings and turning off the radio broadcast, the two sleepily made their way back to their dorm and fell asleep within seconds.