Back to School.

The next morning, I woke up at 6 a.m. and walked into my bathroom, staring at my pale reflection in the mirror. "Maybe I should start tanning," I said, "Nah, I'm not going to start tanning," I said with a slight chuckle. I brushed out my long golden brown hair and threw it into a ponytail.

Afterwards, I brushed my teeth and took out my makeup bag, putting on some mascara, eyeliner and some rose blush, highlighting my cheek bones. I smiled at my reflection in the mirror once more before leaving the bathroom and throwing on an outift that I bought yesterday.

Nicole's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=59069540

"Jackie, are you ready?," I asked, opening my bedroom door and knocking on her door. She swung the door open, revealing her outfit. She was wearing a plaid shirt that tied at the bottom, denim shorts, and navy blue TOMS.

Jackie's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=59069682

"You look adorable!," I exclaimed, pointing to her outfit. I smiled and walked down the hallway with her. "Thanks! You too," she said, pointing to my outfit as she walked into the kitchen. "Mmm, pancakes?," I asked, grasping the aroma of syrup.

My mom popped out of the kitchen, "Waffles today," she said with a smile. I smiled back and sat down at my usual seat at the kitchen table. I ate my waffles quickly so that I could go to school a little bit early. "Alright mom, we're leaving," I said, walking towards the front door.

"I love you!," I exclaimed before walking down the front steps and into my pink cadillac. "I still can't believe this is my car," I said, putting the car into drive and driving down my street. "Why do we leave so early all the time?," Jackie asked. 

"So that I could get through the morning without seeing Niall," I said sternly. It was true, I didn't want to see him IN class, I didn't want to see him AT ALL anywhere else. I pulled into the senior parking lot and parked my car, putting the keys into my pocket.

I walked into the high school with a smirk on my face, today was going to be a good day, I could feel it. I pulled out my phone and checked AIM to see if IrishGuitarist913 was online.

IrishGuitarist913 is online.

I smiled and chatted him quickly before anyone could see.

NicoleBabyx0x0: Hey there. :)

IrishGuitarist913: I was waiting to see if you would chat me. ;)

NicoleBabyx0x0: Oh were you? ;)

IrishGuitarist913: Yes I was, I couldn't wait to talk to the most amazing person in the world. :)

I smiled at that message and continued talking to him for a little while longer before the first bell rang. I walked to Mr. Smith's room, hoping Niall wouldn't be in school again today. I sighed as I saw a flash of blonde hair pop up from our desks.

I walked over to my seat, "Morning, loner." I smiled, I could get used to this whole 'Being mean to Niall' thing. "Listen, don't mention that to anyone," he said softly. "Why should I?," I asked at the same volume. "Because...just don't," he said. I shrugged my shoulders.

After class was finished, Niall pulled me aside. "Come with me please?," he asked. I shrugged and followed him outside and into his car. "I'm going to take you to my house, I have to tell you something," he said, hopping into the driver's seat.

I waited until we reached Niall's house to even say a word. "We can't just blow off class," I said. "We'll be back for lunch," he said. I nodded and rolled my eyes before exiting the car and walking into the house.

Niall sat down with a stern look on his face. "What's wrong?," I asked, somewhat caringly. "Listen, you don't really know about me," Niall said. "What?," I asked, confused.

"When I was a sophomore, I started to get popular, but up until then my life was terrible," he said. I sighed, I didn't like seeing anyone hurt, even if it was Niall Horan. "When my uncle passed, my family collapsed. I was the 'hated one' in school. Everyone thought I was a curse to be around," he said.

I sat there, trying to figure out what I should be doing, but I couldn't figure out a way to comfort him. "When I reached sophomore year, I started acting tough and everyone became either scared of me or wanted to be my friend," Niall said.

"I never wanted to be mean to anyone, but it was my way of dealing with my uncle's passing. I still don't like being mean to anyone, but I'm afraid that if I start acting soft again, people won't respect me," he said.

"Nobody will go back to being mean to you," I said, trying to comfort him. "Yes they will. If I start acting soft, then they won't even want to be seen with me, think about it," he said. "And there's downsides to this, too," he said.

"I can't have a girlfriend for more than 2 days because my friends won't like her and they want me to act like a player," Niall said, a tear making it's way down his cheek. I brushed it away and looked into his eyes deeply.

I felt as if I was swimming in an ocean of clear blue water. This was someone who was hurting inside, not someone who wanted to crush everyone in his path. I sighed slightly and wrapped my arms around his body. "I'm sorry," I whispered softly in his ear.

He pulled away from the hug a few seconds later, but not pulling out of the embrace. His face leaned into mine slowly, his lips crashing into mine softly. I smiled against his lips and pulled away gently. "I really like you," Niall said with a smile.

"I like you too, Niall Horan," I said with a smile. "Let's keep this our little secret, so that our relationship won't get destroyed by your friends," I said with a smile. Of course I was going to tell Jackie, but I didn't want to ruin something that could potentially lead to love.

Niall grasped my hand and led me outside and into his car, driving back to school.

After the final bell, I rushed outside and waited for Jackie in my pink cadillac. She plopped into the passenger's seat. "Where did you and blondie go after first period?!," she asked immediately. "His house," I said calmly.

"WHAT!?," Jackie screached. "Shhh!," I said, "I'll explain once we get home." Sure enough, I explained the entire situation to her, leaving out the part where Niall poured his feelings out to me. She seemed accepting, somewhat. Jackie just didn't want me to get hurt.

Once Jackie left my room, I whipped out my journal.

*********

Journal Entry: Friday, September 7, 2012.

Dear Journal,

Today might have been one of the greatest days of my life. Niall Horan had turned out to be one of the sweetest guys that I've ever met. He isn't this tough guy, that's all just his exterior. On the inside, he's a sweet, kind, caring guy with a big heart.

After pouring out his feelings, he kissed me! ME! Niall Horan likes me! I'm pretty sure we're dating, but I'm not completely sure. We've decided to keep this entire thing a secret from his friends, just because we don't want anything to get ruined by them.

Well, that's about all I have to say today! Bye Journal! :) xx

**********

After writing in my journal, I didn't even bother checking AIM, I just laid back in my bed and thought about what had happened today. I think I have a boyfriend! I smiled and dozed off into a deep sleep, thinking about none other than Niall Horan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End note;

I love this story!!

Seriously though, it might be one of the best ideas I've ever had with a story :)

Comment &

Vote please!! :)