Chapter 6

"What?! She cooked you dinner?!"

I laughed at her reaction, I just told her everthing that happened from school up to here.

"She's being nice Abby. She's our teacher, she cares for her students."

"Really? A teacher cooked dinner for her student? That's too much!"

"She told me, she's also my second mother."

"What if.."She looked at me and by that look, I already know what she was going to say or what she was thinking.

"Oh no, no, no, no, no Abby. No. She's just being a nice and caring teacher. She don't have a feelings for me."

"That's too much care from a teacher, Em."

"Em, I really thinks she likes you."

"I really thinks you're sooo crazy." I giggled.

"I'm serious Em. I think she likes you."

"Pffft! Can we get her out of the topic please?"

"Okay! Let's talk about Haidee then."

My heart cracked after hearing her name.

I looked down and say, "I missed her."

"Oh well, I don't want to say it to you but, one of my classmate saw her with a guy at the hospital yesterday."

I looked back at her, "What is she doing there? And who's the guy?"

"I don't know."

"Maybe it's Charles."

"Abby, wh-what did I do? Why does it hurts me so?"

She rubbed my back and say, "Okay, Em, don't be sad. I know it's hard to accept that you are separated now because you've been together for 3 years but Em.. She's happy with someone else already, can you just be happy for her? She chose to leave you, choose to move on Em, don't choose to stay because that's life. People come and people go, nothing is permanent Em. Someday, you'll find someone who will love you more than you've expected. Em, she's not worth it, she's not worthy of your tears, time, sadness and love. She dumped you and cheated on you with Kevin, your guy bestfriend and you still love her? Despite of what she did? Em, cheating is a choice, It's her choice, I love you so much Em, I don't want seeing you hurt so, for now, focus on your goals in life and stand up, don't let her drag you down. Okay?"

Before I could speak, she added, "Because she don't love you anymore Em."

And that night, I cried once more and the pain made me even stronger to face everything. Maybe Abby's right, I need to move forward, focus on my goals and I won't let her drag me down. I need to forget her, because if she love me, she won't leave me alone to face the whole scary world.

After we talked, Abby went home because her dad texted her and so I went to my room and laid on my bed thinking about tomorrow.

Starting tomorrow, there will be no more Haidee in my life again.

*****

I was walking down the hallway when I saw Miss Reed talking to a student, I rushly averted my gaze, I don't know why but everytime I see her my heart beats so damn fast and when I look into her eyes, I feel like I could stay like that forever, I just don't know what is happening to me.

As I was making my way to the left, she called me, "Emily."

I faced her and smiled, "Yes, Miss Reed?"

She looked into my eyes, "You didn't skip your breakfast this morning right?"

I smiled, "No, I don't."