Chapter 5

Emily's POV

I was sitting in my couch feeling upset, Haidee never replied until now. I just wanna know how she is, how's her night, where she is because I cared for her. I was drowning in my own thoughts when I heard a knock from the door. I went to the door to open it.

"You look pale. Are you okay?" Abby asked and I haven't eat this morning, I'm not starving anyways.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Let's go? We're gonna be late." I nodded.

We went to my car and drive off.

"Is it because of her?"

That question makes my hearbeat fast even if she didn't mentioned her name. I didn't answer her question because I just can't.  The more I talk about her, the more I hurt my self.

"It is."

"Let's not talk about her." I said and she nodded.

The ride wasn't long, I parked my car and we went to our classroom.

Can't still stop thinking about her. I want to sleep, it makes me calm and forget about everything temporarily.

****

I woke up as I heard the bell ringing.

"Hey, come on before Mr. Lee sees you."Abby wisphered as I get up, we walked over the door when Mr. Lee called me.

"Emily. Detention after your class."

I sighed and went to my third subject which is Miss Reed.

"You'll be okay Em." Abby said and smiled.

Before I get in, I looked at her desk but she's not there. Where is she?

As I get inside the room, Leigh called me.

"Em!" I walked over to her.

"How are you?"She asked.

"I'm fine."

And before she could speak, Miss Reed arrived.

"Good morning class, we have an urgent meeting today so, you'll be free." She said and they all cheered, and her eyes met mine.

Great.

"Hey, You'll stay here?" Leigh asked and I nodded.

"Well, I should go, my parents are coming home today and we're surprising them." She said happily. I hope I can be that happy.

"Okay, enjoy."I smiled and she waved goodbye.

I looked at Miss Reed who was standing and busy looking at the papers.

"Hey, are you coming with me?" Abby appeared on the door.

"No. I have detention remember?"

"Oh yeah. Well, don't be too sad okay? I'll stay at your house tonight." She said and went off.

"Are you staying here?"

"Yes Miss." She nodded and disappeared from my sight.

I stared at my sketch pad and turned into the last page. Again, my heart broke. My mind says, Stop it. She don't love you anymore. You are just hurting yourself Emily. But my heart tells the other way, the positive one and I don't know whom I gonna follow.

Why did she cheated on me? Am I not enough? Am I ugly? Does she really loved me? Why did she do this? Did I failed her in some ways?

So many questions but don't have the guts to ask her. It's over but there are so many questions left unanswered.