Chapter 2

Aye!

How are you guys? I miss you a lot! I hope you're doing great. :)

It's been a while since I last updated but it's because of my university and job. And i'm having writer's block even though I have planned everything that will happen in this book.

Updates will be a bit slow but I promise I will do the best I can.

Please vote and comment, it would mean the world to me.

Thank you! *blows wings and flies away*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam's POV:

I've been sitting on the same couch for over ten hours. Liam is sitting across from me with the same weary expression on. I'm waiting for Max and Delilah to arrive and skip school today, but they still haven't showed up.

My thoughts are rocking back and forth, round and round, but they always come back to the same starting point. Jules.

I care for her.

She means so much to me.

I want her safe.

But somehow my feelings are diminishing with every second I spend without her.

I shake my head in refusal. I must be going mental. Even if Jules left me before, she still is my girl. She sacrificed her freedom to save me from the deadly threats Hayden has imposed on us.

And I owe this to her. The least I could do is try to find her.

"Morning Sam," I hear a feminine tired voice behind me. I turn around to find my mother in her dirty clothes. Her hair is messy and two black rings shadow her eyes.

"Mom, I-" I begin, looking over at Liam who seems startled. His expression turns alert.

"Why are you sitting here alone? Are you waiting for someone?" She asks me rubbing her eye sockets.

She can't see him. She didn't even look at where he's sitting. At first, I thought that was absurd and impossible, but then I remember. Liam is a ghost.

"Uh, yeah. I'm waiting for Max and Delilah. We have a project together." I lie glancing at Liam.

"Oh, okay. I don't even remember sleeping in these clothes." She laughs looking down at her body. Oh, mom. What is happening with you? "Anyway, I'm gonna take a shower and go to work. Are you skipping school?"

"Yeah, I have to. This project is too complicated but don't worry, I'll take what I missed from Michael."

She nods and heads to the kitchen.

"I will go to my room. I need some time alone." I tell Liam.

The last thing I want right now is to be alone. But I can't help but notice the awe in the way Liam eyes my mother. He still loves her, I can tell. Maybe he needs those few moments with her.

He nods, and I take it as my cue to head back to my room.

Liam's POV:

She looks beautiful.

Even though she looks older than her age right now, but she is still beautiful.

I miss her.

I miss our endless nights in my room, looking over at the stars from the window. Memories of our cherished nights slowly come back to me. The way her body responded to me in ways I couldn't imagine. The way she shivered when I held her hand. The way I forgot about everything else whenever she rested her head on my lap and let me play with her hair.