Chapter 4

Lucy smiled and sat across from the wing-ed man. She placed the bowl, towels, and a spoon in front of her. He looked down at the bowl hungrily, but didn't move. He looked up at her, waiting.

"Here's how it works. For every one of my questions, you can take a few bites, sound good?" He groaned and threw his head back, "Come on! I'm starving over here!"

Lucy giggled. "Okay, okay. First question: who are you?"

He look at her as if to see if she was serious or not. "You don't remember me? It's me, Natsu."

Lucy handed him the spoon while she thought. A faint memory began to tug at her mind.

"Natsu... Natsu... pink hair. Flowers..."

"A... blue cat?" Natsu jumped, his wings hit the sides of the coupe but he grinned. "Yeah, that's it!"

"That was you? But I don't remember my best friend having horns, wings, and a tail!" Natsu laughed making Lucy giggle. He scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, I didn't get these till later. They're actually a consequence of using my magical power."

"Magical power?" Lucy looked skeptical.

"I'm a Fire Dragon Slayer!" He sat up straighter and puffed out his chest. It would have been a cool line if Natsu didn't have a mouthful of breakfast when he said it.

Natsu deflated after a minute and moved to take another bite. "Are they permanent?"

"Nah, they'll disappear when I'm fully healed, shouldn't be too long so don't worry, Luce." His stomach made a loud grumbling sound.

Lucy laughed and pushed the bowl closer to Natsu. At the same time she shifted to a more comfortable sitting position, ignoring her own grumbling stomach in the process.

"Didn't you eat, Luce? You sound as hungry as me."

"Maybe it wasn't as subtle as I thought."

"Umm, I'll eat later." Lucy gave him the best fake smile she could muster. She couldn't tell him about the forced fast she was on and how she had given him the only meal was allowed that day.

"Besides, he needs the food way more than me. He's still healing."

"Natsu?" He looked up at her mid bite. "What's up?"

"What ever happened to that kitten? Happy, right?"

Natsu sat up again, excited. His tail thumped rhythmically as he spoke. "Happy is awesome! He still lives with me. Turns out that he's actually an Exceed! His wings are so strong he can carry me if he wanted too!"

Lucy laughed. "That's amazing. I'm so glad that he's okay."

Natsu grinned. "My dad really loved him when I brought him home, so he still lives with us. You can come see him when I'm all healed up."

"What are you going to do for your injuries? You need a real doctor. Frankly I'm surprised you're able to move at all. The closest doctor is all the way in Magnolia, that's a two hour ride by carriage. Such a ride could-"

"No vehicles." Natu's reply was instant and deadly.

Lucy sputtered over her words, "W-What? Why?"

His cheeks began to turn white and puffed, "Just thinking about it makes me want to hurl."

"Motion sickness?"

"Okay... No carriages. How are we going to get you to a doctor then?" Lucy quirked an eyebrow.

He shrugged. "Dunno. I could just stay here. The dragon features won't last much longer anyway."