Peppermint

Warnings: none
Words: 432

It was a normal day. Peter had just gotten home after school. Happy was beyond annoyed from having to drive him, but it was normal. Peters backpack was thrown onto the counter and he pulled out his social studies project. He found old colored pencil in his pencil bag and started filling in certain countries and labeling them all.

Around 4PM, Tony had just gotten home, with a bag of groceries in one hand.

"Hey kid." By now, Peter had gotten distracted and had been on his phone for the past half hour.

"Yeah, hi." He sets down the phone and gets back to his project.

"So, I stopped at the store and I remember you telling me you wanted gum." He pulled out five boxes of peppermint gum.

"I didn't need that much, but thanks." He takes the gum, and gets back to his homework.

At 6PM, Peter still hasn't moved. All the avengers are home, and Steve is just trying to cook dinner.

"Can you just move your things? I need to make the food you eat." But Peter didn't budge. He just moved his bag two inches over, leaving Steve a mess.

Tony soon helped, telling Peter to go to his room. Walking upstairs, he didn't take his eyes off his phone. Looking at memes and watching dumb TikToks was on his daily schedule.

In his room, he got bored and decided to try the gum. He had five packages, having one piece right now couldn't hurt anyone.

He removed the plastic and open the thin cardboard. Pulling out a stick of gum, the smell burned his nose. He just figured it the mint was very strong. When he put the piece in his mouth, he did not expect what happened next.

He hated it so much. He yelled in disgust. The mint was the grosses thing he ever had. It burned his tongue from sitting there for so long.

Due to his yell, Tony had rushed up to his room, scared to see what happened.

"Is something wrong?" He opened Peters door to see him gagging at the taste of mint.

"I hated thing, so much!" He grabbed the water bottle on his dresser and chugged the whole thing.

"So, spiders really don't like peppermint?" Tony chuckled and Peters eyes went wide.

"You-" he tried to talk, but had to drink more water.

"I wanted to see if it was true. You're welcome." Tony let out a little giggle. Peter was beyond mad, but he knew this was going to be something they'll laugh about in the future.