Chapter 40

All I wanted was to go back. Back to when there was no drama. Back to when I knew where I was headed. Back to when I was happy.

I wanted to leave, I wanted to run away. However, if I've learned one thing from life, it's that you never get what you want. Not in this lifetime, anyway.

Morgan was going to be here in five minutes to take me to breakfast, and frankly, that's the last thing I want to do at the moment. I was so upset.

It was nearly ten in the morning. I didn't sleep at all last night. It's like I need Justin in order to do anything. Heck, I couldn't even think straight knowing he was mad at me.

I heard Morgan pull up so I grabbed my purse, heading towards the door. I didn't want to move. My body ached, my head throbbed. And it was all because Justin was gone.

"Hey!" She said loudly once I got in, but her face instantly changed when she saw what grumpy mood I was in.

"Hi," I sighed, buckling my seatbelt. "What's that smell?"

"What smell?" She faked.

I rolled my eyes. "It smells like cologne. Who was in here?"

She sealed her lips tight. "I can't lie to you."

"Oh my god," I groaned. "What the fu-"

"He just wanted to talk," she sighed. "After Justin left your house last night he was really upset. You really hurt him Jess."

"Whose side are you on?" I snapped, making her shake her head.

"That's not the point."

"What exactly did he tell you?" I said, making sure I didn't tell her anything I didn't have to.

"He just said you guys got into a fight. He wouldn't tell me why though," she shrugged.

I instantly relaxed at the fact that Morgan didn't know about J. Well, I guess she "saw him" at the bar that one night, but she was way too drunk to remember. "I need to talk to him."

"I'd say give it time," she said quietly. "I don't know Jess, it seems too soon."

"Why do you say that?"

She let out a loud breath, finding it hard to tell me what she was about to tell me. "He was crying so hard."

"He was crying?" My heart plummeted. I didn't think he was that upset at all.

"Yeah," she said. "He just kept saying you accused him of something. Give him a few days, he'll come around."

Now I felt like crying. Heck, I felt like complete shit. I'm such an awful person.

"So I was thinking we could go to that new coffee shop around the corner?" Morgan changed the subject. "On me."

I just nodded numbly. "Yeah, let's go."

______________________________

"So remember that guy Brooklyn had a thing with?" Morgan said as we sat down across from each other with our freshly made coffee.

"Yeah, what about him?"

"He came into the shop the other day," she said. "He was looking for her. He didn't even know she had gotten stabbed." She shook her head. "Like, what kind of a guy is he if he didn't even know Brooklyn got stabbed?"

"I didn't know they were that serious," I said quietly.

"Yeah, I didn't either I guess," she shrugged. "But I talked to Brooklyn this morning, she said she'll be able to work again in a little over a week."