Chapter 4

John's POV

It didn't dawn on me that what I would do might get me killed, but nevertheless I went after the guy. He ran and ran as I just followed him, calling out his name to get him to stop but he didn't listen.

I didn't know at the time what he wanted to do and what he saw outside that made him run. But that was until we reached the back of the school where he went on to fight off the vampires in the area.

Trust me when I say this; I didn't want to hurt anyone -not even the vampires- but I had no other choice. My dad's training kicked in and I started to help him. He looked confused but he didn't care. Other than Hamilton and I, there was also a girl there fighting alongside us. But she was no ordinary girl...

She was a vampire...

"Eliza!" I heard Hamilton call out once the area was secured. The girl ran for him and quickly emgulfed him in a tight hug.

Well...

This isn't awkward at all...

When the vampire saw me, she immediately tackled me to the ground amd hissed at me. I almost kicked her, but thanks to my mom's teachings on never hitting a girl -no matter what race- I held back.

"Wait no! He's not going to hurt us." I heard Hamilton reassure. What did he mean by 'us'? "It's alright, Eliza."

"Alex, he's a human!" The girl called Eliza spat out as she backed off of me and went on to scream at Hamilton's face. "Do you really trust this guy?"

I too waited for the answer, but it never came. Eliza seemed to be frustrated by this and started pacing back and forth. That was until... Peggy showed up.

"Eliza, we have more coming from all sides, they'll ambush the school if we don't push them back to the West." She rapidly informed. I saw her glance at me for a split second before recognizing me. "John! Hey buddy, how's it going?" She perked up and went on to give me a noogie.

Yeah, this is Peggy. She's the vampire that made Herc and I realize that not all of their kind are as bad as we say they are.

"Margarita Peggy Schuyler you have some serious explaining to do right this instant!" Eliza screamed as she dragged Peggy away from me.

Hamilton seemed to be as equally confused on how Peggy knows me and how I know Peggy. He was about to say something, but nothing came out and he ended up just shutting his mouth close again.

"Long story short, I snuck out once and met John here and his pal along the way back home." Peggy briefly explained before pushing Hamilton and I back to the school. "Get the hell out of the battle zone. Besides, I saw your dad somewhere in the crowd up front the school. You have to hide John, before he sees you and make you kill rather than just slightly knocking some vamps out."

Eliza just huffed before rushing to the front of the school. I gave Peggy one last look before grabbing Hamilton's wrist and draggimg him back inside.

"Laurens... Take us back to the dorms." I heard him request. I complied and rushed to the our dorm.  "I think you need to know something..."

---

We were back in the dorm and I already textes Aaron that both of us were safe. Lafayette immediately gave his brother a hug once we arrived.

Herc gave me a pat on the head as a greeting before fetching a bag of chips in the mini kitchen. "Mulligan... Laurens. We're vampires." Hamilton suddenly spoke.

My eyes widen as saucers as Herc choked on his own spit and Lafayette slapping a hand over Hamilton's mouth.

"Alexander!" Lafayette scolded, giving the smaller a glare.

"There's no need to hide it from them." Hamilton defended, pushing Lafayette's hand away from his mouth. "These two know Peggy and they know that she's a vampire."

What...

In the absolute...

Fuck

Lafayette seemed to soften, but his expression still held confusion in them. His eyes were wide and his mind was obviously over-thinking the situation.

"I trust Peggy whole-heartedly and if she's friends with you, then I can trust you too." Hamilton then continued.

"Yo, what are two vampires doing in this school?! Columbia University is crawling with anti-vamp people. If they find out that you two are here, they'll kill you on the spot!" I yelled. I'm seriously worrying about the safety of these two. I don't want them to get hurt, I don't want any of them to get killed.

"It's our mission to be here. We need to convince you humans that not all vampires are monsters." He replied. "Those vampires who attacked just now are called the blood-thirsty, more well known as the Western vampires in our kind. Laf and I are from ghe East and we seek peace. Eliza and Peggy are also from the East. We make sure that the West won't ever go in human territory, but they'd become stronger and trickier to hold back."

"You're not messing with us right?" Herc asked, this bewildered.

"No." Alexander simply stated. I could feel his anxiety seeping out and his legs visibly trembled. He's scared of what we'd do now...

"Okay, let's all calm down now. Alexander, Lafayette... Herc and I will absolutely help you in your mission. I can also assure you that we'd do whatever it takes to keep your true identities as secluded as possible." I reassured. Alexander seemed to calm down a bit and Lafayette finally stopped over-thinking. "If you need convince humans that the Eastern vampires are keeping the West pushed back, then we'll be more than happy to help you out."

"We don't like the war happening betwesn our races. It's about time we put an end to it." Herc said.

Lafayette smiled as Alexander eased up completely.

Well...

I guess our battle has finally begun.

I'm sorry dad, but I'd have to go against your wishes this time and nothing's going to stop me.