6- I must be a helicase because I wanna unzip your genes.

As I broke from his embrace, I felt tense. I don't think it's normal for teachers to personally bring you to the infirmary and then stay there and wait until you woke up. Does he know I like him? I think to myself. I don't think I've done anything to give myself away. I try and recall past experiences, I blush and realize that blurting out you don't have a boyfriend probably isn't very discreet. 

"I wanted to ask you something." He says, interrupting my thoughts. 

"Yeah sure, what is it?" I say, my mind racing. Here it comes. He's going to ask me out. What will I say? Well, yes obviously, I mean look at him. My mind argued against itself.

"All of the assessments, and labs, well...to be honest, everything we've been doing in class, you've been doing incredibly. I mean, it's shocking really, I've never seen anyone in freshman bio get 100s on all their tests in a row. I managed to talk to you're science teachers from middle school, and they said the same thing. I mean you're clearly gifted. I mentioned this to the principal, and he gave permission for you to take any science course you want. I know generally, freshmen are forced to take biology, but it seems like none of your science classes thus far have challenged you enough. Of course, you can stay in biology if you want, but I recommend taking a course that will be more challenging for you."

 He runs on and on about how gifted I am, and hardworking, but all I hear was that if I leave biology I won't see him anymore. What if he brought this up to the principal because he didn't want me in his class, he was grossed out by me.

"Then I'd have to leave your class right?" I say, my eyes looking at his shoes. 

"Olivia." He says, and our eyes meet. 

"You can always take AP environmental science. That way you can still be in my class. If the class becomes too stressful, you can always come over during office hours and I can help you with what's confusing you. Nothing would change from bio, except for the curriculum. I think you should go for it." It feels like he's looking into my soul. It makes me want to do anything he says. Like I shouldn't say no.

"Ok, sure," I mumble, entranced by the ocean scene in his eyes.

"I'll go get the papers." He says and leaves me all alone with just the infirmary blanket, and the smell of leather.