Chapter 11: Locked Up in My Own Prison

(Third Person Point of View)

Tendou started walking away. Ushijima had pushed Ichinose away and followed Tendou.

Ushijima put his hand in his shoulder in which Tendou only flung away.

"Satori--"

Tendou let out a sarcastic laugh.
"I'm actually surprised you still remember my name."

Ushijima sighed. "I can explain--"

Tendou waved a hand dismissively.
"Shit, stop. I get it. Don't give me a fucking pity party because I will seriously punch you."

Ushijima was at a loss of words, and Tendou looked at him with pain and hurt visible from his eyes.

"But thanks for the temporary happiness anyway."

"That's not--"

"I'm sorry for being naïve, though. Of course. A beautiful man will end up with another beautiful man. Not with a monster, don't you think?"

"But you are--"

Tendou smiled bitterly.
"Oh love, you promised me the stars, didn't you? But what I got was scars instead."

"I'm sorry--"

"Let me give you something to think about.
Dear, if you're capable of making choices that knowingly hurts the other person, it's not love."

"But I really did--"

Tendou started to walk away, not bothering to hear what Ushijima had to say. Ushijima tried explaining his side, but to a futile attempt since Tendou refuses to listen.

"Don't follow me." Tendou suddenly says.

"But--"

"Let me make this clear. Don't follow me. We're done. You have no reason to follow me. Don't talk to me."

Ushijima was left there, dumbfounded, tears were threatening to spill from his eyes.

Tendou started to run as soon as he felt hot tears rolling from his cheeks.

He was tired of this life. Maybe he will ask Bokuto tomorrow to put a forbidden magic on him.

"How long will these scars bleed?"

"Please tell me, how do I forget someone that became a part of me?"

The tears were flowing non-stop.

"Is it wrong to wish he was here, next to me, holding my hands?"

A sob escaped Tendou's lips.

"But he was already someone else's sunshine."

Tendou felt a hand on his back.

He wiped a tear. "I'm sorry you had to witness that, Semisemi."

Semi sighed. "It's okay not to be okay, Tendou."

Semi sat next to Tendou. "Kenjirou went and murdered Ichinose Akoya."

Tendou forced a laugh. "You're joking, right?"

"No, I'm serious."

Semi looked up the heavens that were transitioning from afternoon to dark. Orange and violet colors mixing their hues together.

"Reon and Goshiki are trying to wipe Ushijima's tear-stained heart too."

Tendou smiled at the stars.
"We were all under the same sky, Semisemi. But I was the only one who felt the rain."

Tendou felt the tears flowing again.
"Maybe my biggest mistake was hoping for too much."

Semi gripped Tendou's hands.
"You can never hope for too much, Tendou."

"It's okay, Semisemi. I'm used to this loneliness. It's the only thing that has never left me anyway. If it stops hurting, maybe it doesn't matter anymore."

Semi sighed deeply.
"Regrets are worse than mistakes, Tendou."

"I know."

Tendou began to trace the constellations that were slowly climbing up the night sky.

"One night, I had a dream. Two great Mages appeared before me. One able to bend the world, and one capable of shifting a person's fate."

"Yeah?"

"They told me they can grant any wish of mine with a double-eged sword."

"Did you wish for something?"

"I did. Friends."

"..."

"But they said they will grant it with a double-edged sword, right? So they did grant my wish, and I earned a curse at the same time."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I was cursed with a limited time. I had friends for a limited time. After that limited time has been spent, those so-called friends will start to forget about me."

"Tendou--"

"Semisemi, do you think I can find those great Mages? And maybe they could rewrite my stars."

"I--"

"Place my constellations within a different horizon, and shift the clouds' color."

"You--"

"Maybe in an alternate universe, I will be happy with Wakatoshi-kun, and the two of us will make the perfect two."

"..."

Tendou smiled at Semi. "So maybe at least in my dreams, we could be together."

Semi glared at Tendou.

"...Fuck you."

Tendou stared at him bewildered. "... I'm sorry-- wait, Semisemi don't cry. Holy shit, don't cry please. I'm so sorry."

Semi wiped his tears aggressively.
"If it's meant to be, it will be."

Tendou smiled knowingly. "Yeah."

"I think you love each other a little too much, Tendou. Ushijima hasn't been like that for as long as I can remember. He's like cyborg, living under a rock. But when he met you, he started smiling, laughing, cursing, being afraid.. He even knew love. He started becoming human."

Tendou just smiled at Semi.

"No one's going to love you better than him, and no one's going to love him better than you."

"Semi."

"All of us will always be here for the both of you. After all, we're all friends, and there's no limited time, Tendou. Remember that."

Semi hugged Tendou.

"Don't lock yourself in your own prison. Talk to him, Tendou. Settle things and please be okay. Be happy."