《1》Over You《1》

《Prologue for this book is the epilogue of the first.》

  Dipper walked out of the bus. Gravity Falls hadn't changed. Then again it never did.

  This was all annoying to him. He should be in New York in his new office getting his first client. But he was here, fulfilling his childhood fantasy of being a monster hunter due to his grunkles' wishes.

  Though this was temporary. He was here to destroy the bad monsters then leave. That's all.

  He twisted the wedding band in his finger boredly. Oh god, he was fucking bored.

  His feet tapped the ground in a rhythmic motion. That's it, focus on the rhythm. Not on the fact, his sister settled down with Pacifica somewhere in Colorado with kids. Not that the fact his wife died and he had to leave work to fix his grunkles'-- who are also dead-- mess. No, just focus on the taps.

  And, of course, Bill wouldn't leave him alone. His human form floating like an idiot just a few feet behind him.

  "Would you go away!" Dipper's annoyance was clear, Cipher just didn't give a single shit.

  "I mean, I may have only woke up a few years ago but I've been super busy Pinetree. Distorting reality takes its toll. I mean ever since Pyronica and I made that deal I haven't seen you."

  Dipper didn't pay attention to the demon's ramblings. And since when did he ramble? Cipher was many things but that wasn't one of them. But it's not like he cared, it was just annoying as hell.

  He continued to walk, his backpack hanging loosely off his shoulder. But the demon wouldn't let up. So, being the reasonable person he is, he blasted him back. "Turns out your spells were useful after all."

  Bill recoiled, giving him a deep frown. "What happened to you? You loved it here, you loved the mystery and adventure. You loved me."

  Dipper stopped in his tracks, looking behind to see Bill now standing with pleading eyes. He shrugged, looking back ahead, "And I also was awkward, tired of my world, nerdy and honestly I could on. But now, well, now I'm on top of the world. And ready to leave you and this pathetic town behind."

  He took out his phone, dialing a number of someone he hated more than anything else in the world. But he had something in common with them. They both hated this deadbeat town.

  "Meet me at the cafe, now."

  "So long and not even a simple hello? Honestly, I must say I'm ashamed of you," the suave voice replied, amusement present in their tone.

  "I'm not here for a social visit. Meet me at the cafe in no less than 30 minutes or our deal is off. Got it?"

  "Oh, yes I understand perfectly good sir."

  "Be careful, next thing you know you'll be missing your tongue," with that Dipper hung up, shaking his head.

  The walk to the cafe wasn't dreadful. At the very least Bill had stopped persistently bothering him. Then again he couldn't be too sure he wouldn't crawl back. He looked out of the window. The town hadn't changed at all, in fact, the only thing that did were the people. More kids and teens were running down the streets. Most of the adults he had known when he was a kid were now off traveling or spending their days in retirement. Well-- except those two cops. They were still as energetic as ever.

  He turned over to see a petite raven-haired girl pouring his coffee carefully, she looked up and gave him a small, nervous smile. He turned back to the window to see his business partner walking up, straightening their tight crimson vest. They walked in, quickly noticing him and taking a seat across.

  "Mason. Looking as fine as ever."

  "Gleeful. You look like a pastor of a casual Baptist church. How unfitting of someone of your... tastes."

  Gideon responds by smoothing down his button-up and looking sadly down to the grey khakis he adorned. "Well, I personally think I look fantastic. Besides if we're going there you look like a gay man through and through."

  "Still married a woman Gleeful," Dipper said with a smile that made his eyes crinkle.

  "Oh, how is she by the way? Heard she had a little car trouble."

  Dipper scowled, "She's doing just fine in heaven. A place you and I will never have the luxury for. After all, we did make a deal with the devil."

  Gideon took a sip of his black coffee, "I suppose so Mason. So I imagine this isn't a social call, what do you need help with."

  "A list," he responded dryly. "I want to know every supernatural creature that hasn't minded its own business within the last year. I also need you to get rid of a certain pesky demon for me."

  Gideon scoffed, "Are you completely mad?-" he pulled down on the fabric of his shirt to reveal Bill's mark- "He basically owns me, I'm not helping you with him, everything else I can do."

  Dipper laughed, "That's pathetic. He still has you trapped after all this time? Honestly, glad there's no way I can help you in Gravity Falls. Too, let me say, powerful. Now, New York, that's easy, the people there not only lack charm but they also lack magic. So the place tends to be, let me say, dull at keeping unwanted things out, or in. And I used that to get rid of your dilemma, and found a wife in the process."

  Gideon rolled his eyes. "What a terrible explanation and love story, never tell me more."

  Dipper sent him a glare. "Well, I think we're through here Gleeful. See you once you get me what I want."

  Gideon gave him a sideways glance, "Sure thing Mason."

  As soon as Dipper walked out the door Gideon picked up his phone. "Yeah, he's here and alone... perfect."