《4》Still Here《4》

When Dipper woke up his head was beating as if to mimic the drum set Mabel had gotten for Christmas at 16. Bad memories. Who's idea had it even been to give her that anyway? He shook his head, 'Doesn't matter'.

   He got up from the full-sized bed he'd made his and went to get dressed. The shack had no food in it so he needed to get the grocery shopping done. Starvation would be a shit way to go.

   He finished pulling on the most casual outfit he owned-- jeans and a grey turtleneck-- lastly lacing up his Doc Martins and a simple coat so he wouldn't freeze. The snow was still falling.

   It didn't take long to get to town. Though the whole walking there thing was going to end. No matter how much he hated the Gleefull's he'd need to buy a car from them. Living in New York didn't require a car so he currently didn't own one.

   He was in front of the dealership not after long, hands in his pockets. He walked towards the old run-down place, seeing Gideon himself wipe off the cars with a satisfied look once he could again see the actual car.

   "Gleeful, I need a favor."

   "And what's that Mason", he asked, flipping the towel over his shoulder.

   "I need a car, I can afford it."

   "I know you can." He sighed, "You can have the Chevy Impala over there it's a 1967 model but it runs good enough."

   Dipper scrunched his nose, "I guess it'll do."

    It didn't take him long to finish shopping. He bought items for every dish he wanted to eat. (Ex. Chicken and rice, baked spaghetti, steak and fries, salad, and whatever instant meal looked appetizing.) Home Ec had actually come in handy once he moved out to the city. Sucks for the people that thought it was lame, he doubted they were doing anything but eating take out and therefore broke by now.

   The Chevy ran nice enough, seeing as he didn't break down on the side of the road as Chevy's liked to do. And once he had finished stuffing his groceries into the trunk he was finally on his way back to the shack.

   It was a peaceful day. Other than the snow softly falling from the sky the weather was nice and surprisingly the mandatory trip to Gleeful's hadn't actually been that bad. Unlike his prior thoughts on the subject.

   A deep sigh still escaped his throat though, as his nose itched. Dammit, if he had a cold he would take the risk of going upstairs just to dive headfirst off the roof.

    A few seconds later he sneezed.

   It was probably nothing.

   •••

   At last, he pulled up to the Mystery Shack, taking in every grocery in one go as to escape being out in the cold for a long time.

   It didn't take him long to finish putting the groceries away and he was sitting down on the couch watching Joker while eating a bag of peanut m&ms.

   Soft arms covered in rough sleeves wrapped around his shoulders. "I'm still here Pinetree. No matter what." A hat made its way onto his head and the arms disappeared. He forgot to be mad while looking down at that familiar blue pine on the white and blue hat.

•••

   He woke up on the couch the next morning, hugging the old hat with a blanket he didn't remember having before on top of him. He really needed to fix that goddamn lock because for whatever reason people could just stroll in. Well, the demon probably more actually aperated in. He shook his head. No, stop thinking about him, you promised yourself this wouldn't happen again.

   He sighed, pulling his legs into his chest. He remembered every second of the summer he had come back when he was 17. Every second his heart broke. In the end, he left everything he had ever known and ran away halfway across the world just to go to college where he proceeded to get married.

   He sighed lightly, willing his eyes dry and standing up with shakey steps. The room felt extra drafty to his bare chest and feet without the blanket. But he ignored it.

   He made his way to the kitchen, making a pot of coffee and taking out eggs before putting them back, deciding he was in fact, not hungry. Coffee would do.

   He wasn't sure what the agenda for the day was, but he would probably officially start hunting. He made his way down the old stairs behind the drink machine-- after slipping on shoes, of course-- flicking on lights to illuminate the dust-filled room. The air made him feel like he was choking but he ignored it and pressed on. Ford had hidden all of his weapons down here along with the journals. Though the journals themselves were hidden with such care that Dipper would be the only one to find them unless someone else either took the clue from him or tore the place to pieces. But he doubted that would happen.

   The weapons we're stuffed away behind a metal sheet that was hell to peel back off the wall. He sighed looking at them. He decided to just copy his late grunkle's choice of weaponry and pick up a futuristic blaster type weapon and ammunition for it. There was probably a name for the weapon but if so he had long forgotten it.

   He rolled his eyes and attached a holster to his belt which he proceeded to stuff the weapon into. Hopefully, he wouldn't get tackled for having a weapon without a license. His grunkle had the cover of a trench coat. Whilst Dipper's closet consisted manly of turtle neck sweaters, v neck t-shirts, and dress pants and a faded leather jacket being his only coat. Least the say none of those were a trench type of attire, at least none that were clean. He sighed, he needed to do laundry.

    He walked back up the stairs, flicking off the light and resealing the entrance as he did. He proceeded to walk to his room to get dressed. He opted for a faded green tee and black khakis to go with his leather jacket. If he was going to do any killing he'd do it in style.

   After brushing his teeth and choosing to ignore how his stubble wasn't stubble and would need to be shaved unless he liked the idea of himself with a beard.

   Just as he was finishing lacing up his combat boots a soft knocking came from where the shop used to be. "Coming!"

   His eyes widened in shock as he opened the door to Soos and his oldest child, her name was Pheobe if he remembered right.

   "Hey, Dipper, can we talk?"