Im scared

"Mommy..." stana tried to sit up as best she could with all the wires attached to her tiny body.
"No no no. You stay still okay. You have lots of medicine in you and we don't want anything to stop do we?" Rick said calmingly to the little child.
Kate sat, still and silent. In a state of pure panic. She didn't know why stana had awoken or what this would do for the build up in her lungs. All she knew is her little girl, her tiny tiny baby, was fighting something much much bigger than she was.
"Mommy.. Mommy." Stuttered stana
"Mom?" Said Cosmo
"Kate, sweetheart." Rick said
"I'm sorry. I must have had a little moment. I'm sorry. Yeah, I'm here." Kate replied standing up.
"Mommy." Stana said holding her hand out
"Yes my dear." Her mother replied taking her hand and smiling
"I'm scared Mommy. I have all these machines."
"Oh it's okay sweetie. They're to make you better."
"But what's wrong with me Mommy?"
"Nothing baby, you just have some icky bits in your lungs that the doctor is gonna help get out."
"Will it hurt?"
"You won't feel a thing honey,"
"Okay mommy."
Kate knew, in her stomach, deep deep down, that her baby was gonna be torn apart by this. And that fact alone was tearing her apart. The only thing keeping her together was her children, all sat around stanas bed trying to make her laugh. All giggling and playing. No one she loved more than her children. No one except her children's father of course, the love of her life, the truest, kindest person she'd ever met, Rick.

———————————-
•A/N - sorry I've been away for so long. So much has happened. But I'm gonna try get back into writing this forgot how much fun this is.
Thanks guys 😊