chap 17

"Hello Maria, my love."
"Hello Hector." Maria smiles up at the man. He holds her hands firmly and they turn to the priest.
"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the joyous union of Hector Rivera and Maria Hernandez. Maria, do you take Hector to be your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish for the rest of your days?"
She turns to Hector and smiles lovingly. "I do so very much. I take this ring as a sign of my love and faithfulness in the name of the father the son and the holy spirit." She placed the ring on his finger.
"And do you, Hector take Maria to be your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish for the rest of your days?"
"I do. I take this ring as a sign of my love and faithfulness in the name of the father the son and the holy spirit." He slides the ring on her finger.
"I now pronoumce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."
Hector leans down, pressing a gentle kiss to Maria, who happily kisses back. Cheers and claps sound out over them joyously. After a few moments of them enjoying their first kiss as a married couple, they pull apart. They smile happily to the rest kf the skeletons, the recessional soon starting. Hector pulls out a paper and grabs the mic. He clears his throat before turning to her and speaking.
"I love you. Not only for who you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out. I live you for putting your hand into my heart and passing over the foolishness, weak things that you cant help. Simply seeing there and drawing out, into the light all the beautiful belongings that no one else has looked quite far enough to find. You have done it without a touch, without a word, and without a sign." Maria chokes a sob and wipes her eyes as he finishes. She pulls out her own paper and starts reading to him.
"God must've neaded you and I from the same dough, rolled us out as one on the baking sheet. Must have realized how unfair it was to put that much magic in one person and sadly split that dough in two. How else is it that when I look in the mirror I am looking at you? When you breathe my own lungs fill with air. We just met yet we have known each other our whole lives. We were not meant to be as one to begin with."
Hector smiles sadly and pulls her in for another kiss, the crowd once again burst in out in cheers.
"I love you so much Maria Rivera." Hector places his forehead on hers.
"I love you too, with all my "heart"." She leans up and presses her lips to his once more. Their love coursing through them like electricity.