Chapter Seven: Caspian

I stood still, as the royal seamstress measured me yet again for the outfit that I would wear for the upcoming ball that my parents had planned. Mother walked into the room again, still going on about the fact that I was nineteen years of age and had still not found someone to take as a bride.

“I don’t understand it! By time I was your age, I already had fifteen hundred proposals! I have gone above and beyond for you, and brought princesses from all around the world here to meet you, and you don’t give any of them even a second glance! Is there something that you are not telling me?”

I sighed and tried my best not to roll my eyes. If I had to hear one more complaint about my unmarried state, I was sure that the I would go mad. Oh, If only mother would let me pick a wife without a crazy ball, I thought to myself. Ever since I had come of age at eighteen, my mother has been after me to find a bride, but all the princesses that she invited over to visit were prim and posh, and sometimes even very rude, with awful manners. Besides, the only person in the world that I would like to marry was Ella. She had a beautiful personality and was kind and caring to everyone around her. I smiled just thinking about her. She is perfect for me!

I thought about our first meeting, and how I had studied her beauty from behind trees, and wondered who she was. Now that I knew her, I was sure that she was just the young woman for me. I just hope that she will accept my hand. Of course, I will first have to explain that I am, in fact, Prince Caspian. And I have no idea how that is going to go, I mused.