Chapter Eight: Ella

I was still thinking about Caspian when suddenly there was a bright flash of light. I sat up in alarm, wondering what had just happened. Then the light disappeared as quickly as it had come, and in its place stood an old, kind looking woman.

“Who are you?"  I asked.

I didn't exactly feel frightened, but I was always wary of strangers in the woods, especially those that stumbled upon the hideaway.

"I am your fairy godmother. I am here to help you," the old woman said with a smile.

"Here? To help me?" I asked in amazement, but also with the slightest bit of suspicion.

"Yes, dear, I am here to help you. I need you to continue the preparations for the ball, and after your step-sisters and step-father have left for the ball, I will reappear, to finish what I have started."

With that, she disappeared, before I could thank her or ask her more questions. Where did she come from? How did she know that I was in need of help? How will she know when step-father and the girls are gone? All these questions ran circles in my head, and the more I thought on it, the more suspicious I became. But one thing I knew for sure: I must tell no one about possibly meeting my fairy-godmother.